Echoing Green (www.echoinggreen.org) supports a global network of people who apply a solutions-mindset to address some of the world’s greatest social and environmental challenges. Our Communications Team is dedicated to elevating the brand and providing meaningful engagement opportunities for our growing community. Echoing Green events – which range from large conferences and galas to intimate design-thinking roundtables and dinners – play a crucial role in activating social entrepreneurs, donors, advisors, and partners to build connections that help accelerate social progress.
The ideal candidate for the Events Manager role will bring a passion for detail, creative problem-solving, and collaboration to the planning and execution of our events. If expanding, cultivating, and exciting Echoing Green’s key audiences animates you, we encourage you to please apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be in charge of planning and producing meaningful experiences that advance Echoing Green’s mission. In particular, you’ll manage event logistics and vendors, provide fundraising and marketing support, work across teams to develop project plans, and track what makes these engagements successful.
Specific responsibilities include:
Event Production & Management
- Produce and manage work-plan and logistics for Echoing Green events (from small to large scale) and project manage staff across teams to execute
- Schedule, lead, and set agendas, for all internal planning meetings
- Research, identify and vet event-related vendors (including venues, food & beverage, AV, hotels, and travel agents), conduct site visits/tours as needed, and liaise with all vendors, suppliers, and venues
- Coordinate speakers for events, including the annual benefit and conferences: manage speaker logistics, prepare briefings, schedule prep calls, and support on-site needs
- Manage outreach and collaborate with team members to market events: build and maintain invitation lists, write copy for stakeholder communications, oversee evites, event correspondence, and project manage event collateral
- Organize and run on-site conference details, including space set-up, registration, sponsor requirements, and speaker logistics support, etc.
- Direct staffing for key events, including prep, scheduling and oversight of production personnel
- Accommodate on-site content-collection, including photos and notes, as needed
- Track and maintain events budgets; manage and negotiate vendor contracts and payment requests
- Evaluate and track key events metrics in order to inform future event planning.
- Survey stakeholders, identify and collect KPIs aligned towards organizational goals and deliverables
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled with existing partners and sponsors
- While the role will demand lots of project management with vendors and other staff departments, you will not have direct reports
- You’ll report to the Communications Director
- This role requires domestic (U.S.) and some international travel
- There are some weekend and evening hours required for the role
- This role will require you to live/work in the New York Metro Area
- Experience in event management (4 years minimum)
- You are able to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- You are a skilled negotiator with proven experience and a track record of staying on budget
- You are thoughtful and care about creating inclusive, welcoming environments
- You value equity and sustainability and want to bring them into your work
- You are detail-oriented, take initiative, and are an empathetic colleague
- You are a tactful relationship manager who is at once collaborative and an independent self-starter
- You have strong written and communication skills
- You enjoy setting priorities and meeting deadlines and thrive at multi-tasking and making quick, informed decisions
- You are extremely proficient with CRM and e-marketing tools (platforms like CVENT, Salesforce, Luminate, Mailchimp, or Eventbrite)
If you are interested in the role and embody these requirements, we encourage you to submit an application. When you apply, please share a resume and a brief cover letter addressed to Lindsay Booker (no more than 1 page!) that demonstrate why you’re a great candidate for the role. Please highlight experience with past events (including your role in planning, number of attendees at these events, and what type(s) of events they are); project management; and your relationship management experience.
This position is based in New York City. The candidate must be located in or be willing to relocate to New York for this role.
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals must apply through the link provided. Please note that applicants will only be contacted via email from a proper 'echoinggreen.org' address. We will never communicate via text, chat, or video calls with prospective jobseekers except where special considerations are requested.