Program Director Part-time (3 days/24 hours per week)
The Program Director is responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and activities that focus on recruiting and retaining primary healthcare professionals for underserved communities of the region.
- Develop, implement and evaluate career opportunity programs with high schools and community organizations in Southeast PA communities to recruit future health professionals for medically underserved areas in Southeast PA.
- Identify and secure community-based clinical training opportunities for medical, nurse practitioner and other health professions students.
- Represent the AHEC in the community; establish, develop and maintain relationships with regional and community partners.
- Complete required program reports for PA AHEC, PA Department of Health, Health Resource and Service Administration and other grantors and contractors.
- Research and write grant proposals that support the SE PA AHEC mission.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director to accomplish the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the SE PA AHEC.
Reports to: SE PA AHEC Executive Director
Collaborates with: SE PA Office Manager and program staff
- A minimum of an earned bachelor’s degree required. Advanced educational preparation in health education, health sciences, or related fields a plus. Relevant experience considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- Experience in healthcare and/or healthcare education desired.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Database experience desired.
- Grant research writing experience preferred.
- Strategic thinker with project management skills required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and to communicate successfully with diverse groups and individuals necessary.
Minimum Education Required