243 West 20th Street
Nontraditional Employment for Women
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, innovative thinker. S/he has excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoys working with a variety of people. S/he also possesses the ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines. NEW seeks candidates with the following qualifications and experience:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with a variety of individuals and daily;
· Experience working with multiple concurrent clients on a one to one basis;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, and successfully prioritizing tasks;
· Knowledge of the NYC construction industry, especially apprenticeships, a plus;
· Must be available for some weekly evening and weekend hours;
NEW is seeking an Employment Coordinator to manage and implement job development and placement activities for graduates and current students. Responsibilities include:
· Developing and managing employment plans for NEW graduates and working to place these women in nontraditional careers;
· Leading formal student performance reviews individually and with other NEW staff;
- Evaluating and coaching students and graduates to improve their readiness for a trade career
- Recruiting students and graduates to enroll in specialized training courses;
· Maintaining contact with students and graduates;
- Tailoring student and graduate resumes for the blue collar industry, and organizing resumes and other contact information
- Assisting with the development and delivery of monthly workshops;
- Monitoring and conducting activities such as data entry, filing and creating database reports;
· Assisting in developing and meeting the goals set for job placement and retention of NEW graduates;
- Teaching relevant classes to students and graduates;
- Maintaining and updating databases and written materials related to job placements and employment department functions;
- Related duties as assigned.
Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) prepares, trains, and places women in careers in the skilled construction, utility, and maintenance trades, helping women achieve economic independence and a secure future. Founded in 1978, NEW is a sector-based workforce development program that focuses on placing women in skilled, unionized jobs in the trades with starting wages averaging $18 per hour, benefits, and a path to higher-wage employment. NEW is the longest-running program of its kind in the nation, and has helped thousands of New York City women secure skilled, unionized jobs in the construction, transportation, and utilities industries.
Full Benefits Package.
Level of Language Proficiency
English Fluency is required.
Proficiency in other languages, especially Spanish, is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with “Employment Coordinator” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.