District of Columbia
This position provides administrative, clerical, facilities and/or operational support work for the Functional Unit including management team members. The position performs work which supports the daily office operations and consists of a variety of tasks, processes or operations.
- Serves as the first point-of-contact for all communications for the Functional Unit management team. Responds to phone and email inquiries and escalates non-standard issues as needed. Acts as departmental point of contact for internal stakeholders and external clients. Duties may include new hire set up, inspecting office space, corresponding with building facilities staff, and addressing regular maintenance.
- Administers payment requests and invoices for the Functional Unit. Duties may include scheduling payments, assisting with the creation of budgets, initiating payments to vendors, recommending associated best practices, and processing payments made to the office/department.
- Performs administrative tasks related to travel management and Concur support for new hires. Duties may include maintaining organizational systems, associated profiles, and necessary orientation for new team members.
- Assists the Functional Unit in creating and proof reading reports and correspondence. Duties may include drafting documents from pre-defined templates, preparing documents for signature and approval and summarizing department activities for internal and external communications and websites.
- Serves as primary back up to Office Services Assistants. Duties may include meeting space, and/or tech support, providing general office support and serving as mailroom and reception back up.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires an Associate's degree in order to apply subject matter of a specialized technical discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive departmental issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience of working with Microsoft Office Suites.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required