333 Hegenberger Road
Legal Assistance for Seniors (LAS) is a non-profit agency serving Alameda County residents who are 60 years of age and older. We provide legal advice and information, representation in court and administrative hearings, referrals to other community resources, and community education and training in the following areas: prevention of elder abuse, housing preservation, public benefits, guardianships, naturalization and public benefits for immigrants, consumer issues and advance health care directives.
Through its Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP), LAS provides individual counseling and community education to Medicare beneficiaries in the areas of Medicare, Medicare supplements, Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans, and long-term care insurance.
LAS also provides extensive Community Education throughout Alameda County and the Bay Area on a broad range of topics related to the work being done in our Legal and HICAP departments.
This is a professional office setting where the Office Manager oversees the internal operations to accommodate the needs of professional and administrative staff. S/he is responsible for supervising Administrative Assistants and Administrative volunteers, maintaining LAS’ relationship with information and technology providers and oversight of office operations,. The Office Manager also has responsibility for some basic Human Resources functions including personnel documentation and training, and functions as the on-site IT staff for the agency. This position is responsible for a number of administrative functions, either as specific duties or through the sharing of tasks with other administrative personnel. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer.
The Office/Operations Manager functions include:
- Oversight of all office and equipment related needs of the office
- Maintenance of equipment and supply ordering
- Liaison with the landlord and vendors regarding the office space
- Train staff in the use of information systems, basic software applications and computer related hardware.
- Plan for future Information System needs of the agency.
- Researches and suggests best options for new agency systems (i.e. databases, phone systems, postage meter, software applications)
- Posts new job openings on the web and in office
- Assists new hire orientation
- Assists CFO with the administration of Benefits
- Monitors agency staff timekeeping system, including:
- Vendor contact for Attendance Enterprise Software
- Pay period timekeeping exceptions,
- Processing and archiving Leave Requests
- Review all employee time records for completeness, and proper coding
- Supervise assigned clerical and support staff.
- Train staff, including new staff orientations, software/hardware applications, office equipment
- Oversee agency purchasing, acting as liaison with vendors, LAS expenditures as an internal control for Account Payable, and review and approval of invoice for payment. Reconciles discrepancies on invoices
- Oversee process of sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Record daily cash receipts, verifying deposits with CFO
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing ability
- Fast learner
- Ability to work efficiently, and independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Desire for fast-paced work environment
- Patient and able to learn from and teach others
- Ability to be both attentive to detail and aware of the big picture
- Ability to successfully resolve difficult client interaction
- Ability to lead or work as a part of a team
· Bachelor degree or equivalent management experience
· Ability to work in a diverse community under high-paced and occasionally stressful conditions
· Experience working in a non–profit setting is a plus
· Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs and occasionally lift 50 lbs
· Extensive computer use
· Eight-story office building
· Typical office environment
Salary range is in the $40,000’s and/or depending on experience.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and references in a Microsoft Word or PDF document to James Treggiari, Executive Director at email@example.com
Legal Assistance for Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or physical condition.
Minimum Education Required