BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring several Case Managers for the Homeless Services Department. Candidate will provide high impact homelessness prevention services to communities in the South Bronx.
- Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
- Manage a case load for a diverse client population.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
- Document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
- Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
- Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
- Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
- Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
- Complete program reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
- Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in social work or another related field of study.
- One-year of case management or relevant work experience preferred.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
ADDITIONALLY, BronxWorks Offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required.
Minimum Education Required