Baseball/Softball Coaching Assistant for East Harlem and South Bronx
- Job posted by DREAM (formerly Harlem RBI)
1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Baseball and Softball Coaching Assistant for our after-school and summer program. The ideal candidate is a reliable team player with a commitment to youth development and a background in baseball or softball coaching. The Baseball and Softball Coaching Assistant is a key member of the program team and ensures the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s programs.
Like all DREAM employees, the Baseball and Softball Coaching Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Assist with development and implementation of youth baseball and softball program practices;
· Organize and assist in coaching baseball and softball for teams of middle school through high school aged students;
· Collaborate on in-season and off-season curriculum for baseball and softball teams;
· Assist with attendance recording and monitoring of youth during practices and games;
· Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all youth;
· Collaborate with program leadership and the baseball and softball staff to effectively integrate and continuously improve baseball and softball programming;
· Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote Harlem RBI’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
· Participating in training, professional development and tactical meetings;
· Serve as liaison between program staff and baseball/softball staff;
· Other duties as required.
· Experience working in sports-based youth development;
· Demonstrated strength as a baseball or softball coach (experience in both baseball and softball preferred);
· Experience in after-school and/or summer youth program planning and development;
· Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
· Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
· Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
· 10 hours per week, with an average of 3-3.5 hours per shift served sometime between 3pm and 8pm;
· Must be able to commit to at least 3 consistent days per week.
· $20 per hour
· Program begins in September 2017 and runs through August 2018
Minimum Education Required