899 North Capitol Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Part-time Volunteer Coordinator
Byte Back is seeking a part-time Volunteer Coordinator that will be responsible for the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. Volunteers are an integral part of Byte Back, serving as course instructors, mentors to adult students, and providing additional career support.
About Byte Back
Byte Back is a Washington, DC area nonprofit that provides free technology education and career training to hundreds of adult students. The communities we serve—predominantly people of color, women, and the unemployed or underemployed—have an incredible and untapped potential to change the tech sector. We are one of the only organizations in the country to provide training at all levels, from introductory computer classes to industry-recognized certification courses. Byte Back’s innovative approach was recently recognized with (2) $360,000 Creator Awards from WeWork to scale into Maryland and explore national expansion.
· Recruit individual and company volunteers through online marketing and social events
· Organize and attend social events to advocate Byte Back’s mission and acquire new volunteer prospects
· Interview volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for role
· Organize and conduct orientations and training
· Work with internal departments to understand how volunteers can be a resource
· Generate volunteer role descriptions based on the needs of staff
· Ensure appropriate support and training for volunteers
· Monitor, support, motivate, and accredit volunteers and their work
· Maintain volunteer information via CRM and other maintain records with administrative duties
· Create and implement effective strategies to retain volunteers
· Build lasting relationships with companies within the DC Metro area to engage working professionals in volunteering opportunities and mentorship
· Passion for working and engaging with people
· Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail
· Strong oral communication skills and the ability to present Byte Back’s mission in a confident manner
· Ability to respond and communicate in a timely manner, as well as frequently follow up
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and volunteering experience
· Proficient in Salesforce
· Experienced in project management with the ability to plan and executive volunteer social events
· Good writer, able to communicate Byte Back’s mission in informal writing
· Social media or email marketing experience to recruit volunteers
Employment Type: Part-time/ exempt employee Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Byte Back leads the nonprofit sector in offering a progressively-minded, competitive benefits package pre-tax flexible spending, dependent care, and transit accounts.
Career Development: Byte Back makes a significant investment in the professional development of all employees, including access to free tech training and discounted exam vouchers for CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Please use the link to submit your resume and cover letter (only submissions with both will be considered).