4099 Pickett Road
This position is part of a team of on-the-ground Program Managers responsible for the execution and expansion of JA in-classroom programs in the territory of Junior Achievement of Greater Washington in accordance with the organization’s yearly operating plan. The incumbent carries out all outreach, administrative and management procedures to ensure the annual student reach goal. This position must meet a student reach goal within an assigned territory and collaborate towards successful achievement of team-wide goal.
Duties include, but are not limited to, managing programs with emphasis on recruiting, training, retaining, placing, supporting, and recognizing volunteers and teachers. The post assists in developing and maintaining positive school system, educator, and corporate relationships.
- Implements tactical plan to reach organization’s student outreach goals, including, but not limited to managing corporate-or-parent-driven events, individual volunteers and teacher and organizing job shadows.
- Conducts on-the-ground implementation of pilots that promote the organization’s strategic programmatic vision.
- Recruits program volunteers to meet student outreach goals by helping to secure new volunteer sources and renewals from existing volunteer sources. Builds relationships with stakeholders by participating in community events and engaging in-person.
- In collaboration with Director of Education, recruits and renews commitments of schools/teachers/community partners.
- Implements volunteer training and placement. Assures program quality through email, phone calls, evaluation instruments, and classroom visits. Continually provides feedback to help maintain program fidelity.
- Provides day-to-day support for all program constituents, including generation of appropriate correspondence, communications, and follow-up.
- Administers constituent evaluation protocol, including surveys and necessary follow-up.
- In collaboration with Education Team, implements quality improvements to ensure all programs meet JA USA model and retention of volunteers is maintained.
- Delivers recruitment presentations to prospective teachers and volunteers.
- Under the guidance of Director of Education, collaborates with fellow Education Managers to ensure program fidelity, strategic, coordinated outreach and documentation effort and an even end-user experience across the region.
- Implements comprehensive communication and recognition plan.
- As guided by VP of Program Operations and Education Director, executes corporate and community volunteer outreach and recruitment plan. Represents JA at community engagement events, including, but not limited to PTA/PTO meetings, networking events and volunteer recruitment fairs. Serve as the face of JA within the community.
- Maintains database operations, including timely data entry and report generation, as required to ensure positive program management.
- Assists in development of yearly calendar for outreach that includes timetables, procedures and responsibilities to be accomplished.
- Dedicates professional time to ‘volunteering’ in each of JA’s implementation models.
- Participates in and learns the nuances of the JA facility-based program, is knowledgeable of the recruitment process and able to present it if/when appropriate and cross-trains to execute simulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Professional and physical requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a relationship or program management setting
- Reliable personal transportation – daily local travel is required
- Incumbents must be able to pass a federal background check and be able to work in the presence of children prior to the first day of employment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A polished, professional phone demeanor
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities with poise
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of the Washington, D.C. community a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to spend significant time at a computer and conduct data entry
- Ability to be mobile in a classroom or facility setting for several hours at a time
Health, Visual, and Dental Insurance; Pension
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter and writing sample to Chelsea Soneira at Chelsea.Soneira@ja.org.
No phone calls, please.