44 West Flagler Street
City Year Miami is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and detail-oriented Individual and Foundation Giving Director who possesses the ability to work collaboratively with internal/external teams and autonomously on self-directed projects. The Individual and Foundation Giving Director is responsible for building and managing relationships with individual donors/prospects and foundations to maximize financial donations to help City Year Miami achieve its fundraising goals. Reporting to the Managing Director, Development, the Individual and Foundation Giving Director serves on a 4-person Development Team. The Individual and Foundation Giving Director is responsible for raising $1 million toward City Year Miami’s current yearly budget of $6.8 million.
- Take lead on soliciting leadership gifts for individuals, families, and foundations, including multi-year investments
- Strategize and pitch customized partnership opportunities to increase and renew current gifts
- Set solicitation goals for new Leadership Circle ($1k-$9,999) and Red Jacket Society ($10k+) and work with Executive Director and Managing Director of Development to hit these goals
Donor Recognition and Ongoing Engagement:
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors and ongoing stewardship
- Leverage City Year Miami’s resources to develop and implement personalized strategies for donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition for individuals
- With support of the Development Operations Manager, maintain accurate records and donor information in database
Donor Acquisition Strategy:
- Create and implement a plan for identifying and cultivating new individual and foundation donors with significant giving capacity, with a goal of securing at least $1M in gifts from individuals, families, and foundations
- Work with Managing Director of Development and Executive Director to develop a plan to increase individual and foundation giving sources to meet organizational growth needs
- Work with the development team to leverage City Year Miami events to increase individual and foundational giving, such as the City Year Gala and Women’s Leadership Luncheon
- Oversee at least three individual/foundation donor cultivation events in FY19 aimed at engaging potential individual donors and foundations
- Work closely with Development team to write, edit, and submit all proposals and reports to foundation and individual sources
- Maintain calendar of proposal and report deadlines
Senior Staff and Volunteer Partnership:
- Leverage the Executive Director, other senior City Year staff locally and nationally, and the City Year Miami Board to deepen and solidify individual donor and foundation relationships
- Represent City Year at corporate and community functions to establish and deepen potential and current donor relationships
Additional Donor-Related Activities:
- Support Development team to execute other appeals (micro-campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising, etc.)
- Work with the Alumni affinity group and Young Professionals Group to retain and increase alumni, alumni parent giving, and young professional giving
- Implement other new and innovative strategies to increase donations from individual sources
- Minimum five years of fundraising experience; specific individual and major gift giving and foundation fundraising experience preferred
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Experience managing professional staff in fundraising, sales, marketing, or similar area
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and think critically
- Passion for education and City Year’s mission
- Thrive in diverse, youthful, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment
- AmeriCorps/City Year alumni are encouraged to apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.