HIAS Pennsylvania supports low-income immigrants of all backgrounds as they build new lives in our community. Through immigration legal services and an array of social services, we work to address their needs, defend their rights, and advocate for their equitable inclusion in American society.
Job Title: Women’s Empowerment (WE) Initiative Group Lead
Supervisor: Director of Social Services
Status: Part-time Temporary Position (5 Months, 10 hours/week)
Application Deadline: 01/18/2021
The WE Initiative Group Lead implements HIAS PA’s WE Initiative, facilitates weekly women’s group sessions, and coordinates other supportive services outside group programming. The goals of the WE Initiative is to develop a peer network of women by linking them to skill development training; and promoting social adjustment, community navigation and connection, and parent engagement in school success.
● Facilitate weekly group meetings between February and June 2021.
● Develop new curriculum for weekly group meetings and/or modify the existing curriculum as needed.
● Interact with or advocate for enrollees with partner agencies, housing providers, medical providers, schools, etc. as needed.
● Support enrollees outside group programming with referrals to help them access community resources and remove barriers that may prevent from engaging in group sessions or skill development trainings.
● Coordinate allocation of emergency funds in consultation with the Domestic Violence (DV) Initiative Case Manager and WE Initiative Intern.
● Keep up-to-date records of all group-related work/activities and supportive services.
● Attend bi-weekly check-in meetings with the funder and other program sites.
● Serve as a task supervisor for the WE Initiative intern.
● Other assigned tasks by the Director of Social Services.
● Minimum of two years’ experience facilitating support groups
● Completion of 40-hours of DV counseling or sexual assault training preferred
● Prior experience working with diverse populations, immigrants, or survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault
● Fluency in Spanish and English
HIAS PA is working remotely for the foreseeable future but under normal circumstances HIAS
Pennsylvania is a fast-paced environment. There is considerable traffic in the office and the work
the environment has a moderate amount of noise. The office functions as a team and staff members
are asked to work both independently and collaboratively.
HIAS Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or
identity, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or veteran status. It is our
policy to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified applicants who represent minority and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position
description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of
interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary
employment responsibilities at the agency. Employees are also expected to understand and be in
compliance with applicable laws and agency policies.
HIAS Pennsylvania supports low-income immigrants of all backgrounds as they build new lives in our community. Through immigration legal services and an array of social services, we work to address their needs, defend their rights…
Spanish / English Fluency Required
Spanish / English Fluency Required