The Luminus Network for New Americans is a nonprofit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families with legal, social, and language services. We are seeking a Reception and Intake Coordinator to support all reception and front office duties.
The Reception and Intake Coordinator will be a vital part of Luminus’s growing service offering making sure the “customer journey” of all who contact and interact with Luminus have an exceptional experience. S/he will greet, assist, and provide direction to serve the inquiries and requests of callers and visitors (post-COVID). We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box and can come up with workflow improvements for this area and has a vocation for service. This is a FT, hourly, non-exempt position. ts Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes messages and schedules appointments.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Performs data entry in our customer relationship software
- Performs donation registry in Salesforce. Salesforce knowledge desired, but not required.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Performs other duties.
Programs: S/he may occasionally support program duties that include:
- Process intakes and payments for walk-in translation requests
- Enter translators’ payments into the payroll system
- Complete initial immigration client intake and input into INSZoom
- Process payments of immigration clients and weekly deposits for the organization
- Tend to immigration client phone calls, including screening for client need, appointment
- scheduling, relaying basic messages from clients to the legal team and answering basic
- inquiries from clients at the direction of the legal team.
- Process incoming immigration mail by entering into INSZoom and contacting clients as
- needed to advise of notices related to their cases
- Assist with data collection and reporting for grants and internal reports
- Manage file retention program and assist with client file requests
- Assist in management of interns and volunteers when appropriate and as needed
- Assist and participate in Luminus outreach/community events.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- In addition to the skills above, the Reception and Intake Coordinator should be creative and adaptive in meeting the needs of clients in today’s COVID19 environment, excelling in his/her role as a problem solver as s/he addresses the administrative demands of our front office that count on a successful experience and outcomes for those we serve.
- The position will be supervised by the Program Specialist for Intake and Outreach. This is a non- exempt position.