Summary Position: Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street College of Education (the College) created to support Bank Street’s public impact work, is currently seeking a Lead Instructional Design Specialist to support current and future projects within the special projects sub-portfolio of the School Systems Partnerships and Programs (SSPP) team. The ideal candidate has expertise in learning and teaching, adult learning, and child development; as well as the ability to apply this expertise across content from pre-K to grade 12.
Key relationships: The Lead Instructional Design Specialist will report directly to the Senior Director of Content Development and will work closely with the SSPP team, including the Leadership Team, Project Directors of the special projects teams, content developers, and the Vice President of the Ed Center.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with their supervisor, SSPP Leadership team, and additional support, the Lead Instructional Design Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with the leadership team, project directors, and content developers to design online or hybrid professional learning engagements that support partnerships across the SSPP portfolio, in alignment with the Bank Street pedagogical approach and the Ed Center’s beliefs around child and adult development, and across content areas from pre-K to grade 12;
- Communicating with the Ed Center team and various stakeholders regularly to monitor project progress, gather feedback, and refine the design and content of modules accordingly;
- Creating synchronous and asychronous learning opportunities in a range of platforms, including and not excluded to Zoom,Canvas, Google Workplace and Nearpod, etc.;
- Facilitating professional learning engagements for assigned projects;
- Providing technical support for professional learning engagements, including managing logistical details and platform guidance in preparation of and during sessions;
- Leading the design and implementation of pilots to identify and address areas of potential improvement, and working with the team to incorporate content and design tweaks;
- Supporting the collection and tracking of data on the quality of content and design for participants, reflecting on this information, and debriefing learnings & implications for iterations of the project in ongoing strategic planning with project team members, Ed Center leadership, and district partners;
- Assisting with online communications project for the broader SSPP team and Ed Center division, including branding, marketing, social media updates, and website development; and
- Performing related tasks as assigned.
- Background in learner-centered learning and teaching and professional development
- Experience with designing online interactive learning experiences using different technology and collaboration tools (e.g., Zoom, Canvas, Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, Padlet, etc.)
- Strong computer and related technology skills (e.g., Google Workspace, Word, PowerPoint, Canvas, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated learning stance and desire to continue deepening knowledge around content areas
- Demonstrated experience facilitating large-scale in-person and online adult learning experiences
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients at varying levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and writing
- Strong writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A degree in education or related field
- At least 5 years of work in education and/or nonprofit organizations
- Work with diverse and/or high-need student populations at the classroom- or school- levels; experience supporting learning at the school and district level
- Experience designing and facilitating engaging, in-depth professional learning sessions
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of changing priorities and tight deadlines
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Vice President, Bank Street Education Center
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- Please include where you came across this job posting in your cover letter.