1509 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss based foundation that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. The organization is delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 700 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are women and children. Nutrition products are as varied as fortified cooking oil and flour in Africa, soy sauce in China and biscuits in India, as well as specialized products for infant and young child nutrition, and interventions to protect the most vulnerable affected by emergencies or chronic illness.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Director of the US Office and the Head of North American Operations to support the ongoing operations of GAIN’s Supply Chains For Nutritious Foods Program (SCNF) and GAIN’s US office.
Provide administrative and operational support to the Director of the U.S. office and the Head of North American Operations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the U.S. office. The successful applicant will track and respond to a variety of requests including coordinating the Director’s schedule, arranging travel, general office management, bookkeeping, donor reporting, and planning for and providing key logistical support to meetings and events in the D.C. office This position requires interfacing with the Program Services Team, particularly the U.S. Office Director, the Head of North American Operations, and SCNF Senior Associate SCNF Project Managers. Responsibilities include:
U.S. Office Director Support (50%)
- Support US Office Director in management of daily agenda; Provide timely coordination and scheduling of all U.S./GAIN representational meetings, calls and events (internal and external); Update and track appointments through Director calendar
- Coordinate domestic and international travel and accommodation, including pre- and post-travel reports (travel authorization, travel claim, expense reports, compensatory time off)
- Prepare meeting documents, itineraries and briefings for travel
- Complete Director timesheet and monthly absence requests
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, events and calls; including, but not limited to transportation, preparing presentations, drafting meeting documents, etc.
- Attend and take notes at meetings.
Project Support to SCNF Portfolio and Communications (15%)
- Provide administrative support to all projects within the SCNF portfolio (e.g., contract preparation, procurement and payment support)
- Work with US Office Director and Senior Associate to edit and finalize reports, publications and presentations
- Regular update and organize SCNF project files on PMIS and Sharepoint, as needed
- Assist with travel and logistical support to program consultants and partners as needed
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Communications Officers to ensure timely submission of outputs to GAIN Communications Team
- Write and edit blog pieces, success stories, and/or public reports as needed
- Work with GAIN Communications Team to regularly update GAIN SCNF web page
- Design and update communications materials (ex. One pagers, brochures, infographics, presentations, etc.)
U.S. Office and Finance Support (30%)
- Monitor and replenish office supplies
- Collect and distribute daily mail deliveries and packages; prepare packages and contracts for shipment
- Liaise with building management to address office repairs and support requests
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and events, including, but not limited to setting up conference and video conference lines, troubleshoot communication issues
- Provide general administrative support to U.S. office and visiting staff where possible, including, but not limited to scheduling meetings, providing guidance on travel logistics and bookings.
- Assist with payroll, periodic compliance reporting, and employee benefits management
- Assist with employee recruitment and onboarding (e.g., edit job descriptions, collate application information, employment verification, laptop setup)
- Assist with basic IT tasks
- Coordinate and schedule U.S. Office staff activities (ex. Lunch ‘n’ Learns, parties, staff meetings and volunteering)
- Operate as U.S. Office “front-desk”, answering phone calls and queries, welcoming guests
- Monitor and pay reoccurring U.S. office expenses
- Prepare and submit credit card statements for monthly reconciliation
- Enter monthly office expenses into Quickbooks
US Donor Relations (5%)
- Support internal and external reporting process by compiling, editing and formatting donor reports, presentations and deliverables
- Provide business development support where needed
- Support Donor Relations Manager by ensuring quality control and compliance on all submissions to US based donors
Great benefits including employer sponsored medical/dental/vision, health savings account, five weeks' vacation, life & AD&D.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.gainhealth.org/vacancies/430/senior_administrative_assistant_washington_dc/washington_dc/