Bilingual Health Care Integrator (Social Worker) Bronx
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
37 West 26th Street, 6th floor
Program: Bridges to Health
Supervisor: Supervisor of Health Care Integrators
Location: Bronx site, 1775 Grand Concourse, 7th Floor, Bronx, NY 10453
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. NAC is currently seeking a Bilingual Health Care Integrator (Social Worker) in the Bronx location for its Bridges to Health program. The Bridges to Health Program provides family and community support services to children in foster care and their caregivers so that these children can remain in the community and avoid placement in institutional settings. These services complement existing foster care services for children who are medically fragile, developmentally disabled, or suffering from serious emotional disturbances, and can involve multiple family networks and follow the participant after the foster care case has closed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Engage children and caregivers to assess relevant child and family dynamics, including strengths and needs.
- Evaluate the need for Bridges to Health services; complete eligibility assessment.
- Develop and implement with child and family an integrated service plan (also known as the “Individualized Health Plan”) that outlines services needed to support the child in his or her home and community;
- Evaluate the plan’s effectiveness with child and family and update on an ongoing basis.
- Link child and family to needed supports and services, including skill building, intensive in-home supports, employment-related services, respite, crisis intervention and avoidance, advocacy, and adaptive and assistive equipment, among others; coordinate with these services.
- Ensure a stable environment for the child.
- Empower child and caregiver.
- Advocate for child’s needs.
- Coordinate and hold team meetings as necessary to discuss potential solutions with all involved parties.
- Participate in quality management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A master’s degree in social work, plus knowledge of providing service coordination and information, linkages, and referrals for community-based services to children with special needs or individuals with disabilities. Bilingual (Spanish-English) required.
HOURS: This is a full time position. Evening and Saturday hours may be required occasionally.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish-English) required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please indicate "Bilingual Health Care Integrator, Bronx in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”