Details: Salary is based on years of relevant experience.
3000 Biscayne Blvd., #400
Provide Know Your Rights Presentations in the community, conduct outreach and assist with planning and execution of legal screening clinics. Staff Attorney will also provide legal representation for Family Defense Program eligible clients in immigration proceedings before the Immigration Court; appellate proceedings before the Board of Immigration Appeals; and proceedings before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Staff Attorney will represent clients seeking immigration benefits, including but not limited to asylum, family petitions, cancellation of removal, and/or T or U nonimmigrant status.
· Preference for experience in immigration law, including experience with removal defense, family immigration, asylum, VAWA, T and/or U visa cases
· Preference for experience working with survivors of trauma
· Strong writing, research and analytical skills; strong communication and group leadership skills
· Interest in policy advocacy at the national level
· Excellent presentation skills for community outreach, education and training
· Ability to work independently and under pressure
· Ability to work well with people of diverse educational, cultural and professional backgrounds
· Fully bilingual, including reading and writing, in English and Spanish required
· Must have own transportation
· Must be willing to submit to an extensive background check, including FBI, statewide repository, and sex offender registry checks
· JD degree required.
· Membership in good standing of any state bar.
AI Justice provides a generous benefits package including vacation and sick leave, and comprehensive health and dental coverage.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fully bilingual, including reading and writing, in English and Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
Submit resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com
Write STAFF ATTORNEY in the subject line.
You may also mail your resume, writing sample, and references to Human Resources, Americans for Immigrant Justice, 3000 Biscayne Blvd., #400, Miami, FL 33137. PLEASE DO NOT CALL and DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Interviews: Top candidates will be invited to interview. AI Justice is an EOE/AA employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: N/A