255 S. Marion
Coordinates accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, and support of the business office functions. It provides segregation of duties within the Business Office.
1. Processes invoices for payment. Audits check requests and purchase orders for completeness and makes corrections as necessary.
2. Inputs vendor and expense distribution data in the accounts payable system.
3. Coordinates accounts payable check runs upon approval. Files appropriate documentation and maintains accounts payable files.
4. Voids checks and credits appropriate accounts as needed.
5. Works with vendors and staff to resolve invoice discrepancies. Reviews vendor statements for past due invoices and works with vendors and the accounting manager to keep accounts current.
6. Maintains W-9 information for all vendors and prepares annual 1099 forms for IRS.
7. Maintains responsive and cooperative relationships with vendors, constituents, and employees regarding accounts payable/accounts receivable/payroll matters.
8. Maintains and follows Account Payables policies and procedures.
9. Processes returned checks and drafts in the accounting system.
10. Works with HR manager to update payroll records.
11. Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
12. Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
13. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
14. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
15. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
16. Receives grants and income and prepares the deposit and cash report.
17. Reconciles the daily cash deposit to the accounting system.
18. Processes office petty cash and replenishes account as needed.
19. Assists with month end and year end closings.
20. Completes a variety of accounting, financial analysis, and budget projects.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required