Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope for Women is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo counties affected by domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. We also provide educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer, healthier future.
We currently have an opening for a Legal Advocacy Director. The Legal Advocacy Director is responsible for the oversight and supervision of New Hope for Women’s legal and court advocacy services and Violence Intervention Programs.
We seek a candidate with:
· Exceptional listening, oral and written communication skills
· Experience working with adults
· Experience working with volunteers
· Group facilitation skills and experience
· Experience with statistics, data collection, and reporting
· Knowledge of local social service, criminal justice, education, and health systems
· Basic computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suites helpful but not required)
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Supervision experience preferred
· Possession of a valid and active Maine driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and adequate insurance, or access to reliable transportation required
Additional Job Information:
· Full-time position and may require travel throughout our catchment area.
· Salary starts at $56,000 with excellent benefits as well as mileage reimbursement.
How to apply:
· Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please add “Legal Advocacy Director” to the subject field.
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with intersecting identities - LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
Closing date for this posting is 1/12/2021.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope for Women is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and…
Please submit a cover letter and current resume