Details: $150 per worship service (starting salary)
2011 1st Ave. North
The position of Pianist at Queen Anne Baptist Church is responsible for providing music accompaniment as part of the church’s music ministry. This position is defined as salary, restricted part time.
Position Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
· Play Piano during Sunday Services for the prelude, congregational singing, and worship service as directed.
· Support congregational worship through the accurate leadership of hymns and songs.
· Provide assistance in planning, preparing, rehearsing and playing appropriate music for scheduled worship services and other required occasions to support the music ministry of the church.
· Play piano for special services, such as Christmas Eve and Easter, and additional concerts and seasonal events as requested.
· Optional: Provide music for Funeral and Weddings as instructed by Pastor and Worship Leader. (Compensation for services will be paid as an honorarium by the family).
Position Skills and Requirements:
· Primary ability to play the piano.
· High School Graduate.
· Possess a strong musical background and training, with the ability to read and play different styles of music.
· Ability to sight read.
· Ability to sing and help the Worship Leader lead musical performance.
· Possess effective communication skills, both orally and musically.
· Possess exceptional time management skills, by being on time for church services, rehearsals, and performances.
· Ability to take direction and work a as a team member.
· Prior church piano playing experience is preferred (volunteer or paid).
· Skill of improvisation is preferred.
· Requires passing criminal and sexual misconduct background checks.
· Pianist must demonstrate, and/or strongly respect, strong faith and commitment to Jesus Christ.
· The Pianist works with and will receive direction from the Pastor and Worship Leader.
· The Pianist will receive weekly worship music selections from the pastor and Office Coordinator.
· The Pianist must notify the Pastor and Worship Leader a minimum of two weeks prior of planned absences to allow for scheduling of a substitute organist/pianist.
2 sick days and 2 vacation days, resulting in 4 Sundays off per year (maximum).
Right of first refusal for weddings/funerals/memorials
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you be contacted for an interview, please prepare the first verse of the following hymns to perform as part of the interview:
o For the Beauty of the Earth
o Wonderful Words of Life
o Freely, Freely
You will find a copy of these hymns uploaded on the website, or you can request them via the email listed above.