Seeking Highly Qualified Teachers and Staff for New York City Charter Schools
- Job posted by Great School Choices
Full Time Contract
Details: Varies by location, but salaries are commensurate with experience and qualifications and are in line or above the UFT teacher contract
The Charter School Incubator is a program of Great School Choices, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the development of high quality community based public schools, including public charter schools, and also collaborates with underserved communities and families elevating their voices and supporting equitable choices and access to high quality school options. Since 2009, we have incubated over 19 community-based charter schools in New York and have raised $27M to assure their continued success in closing the achievement gap.
The Incubator is a support organization that also provides talent recruitment services for our member schools.
Through a thoughtful and strategic process, we recruit highly-qualified teaching candidates for vacancies in independent New York City charter schools that serve the city’s most underserved students. In addition to identifying candidates with successful experience in the classroom, we match talent with mission and culture. With a focus on supporting schools and helping teachers find career matches, our comprehensive approach promotes staff satisfaction and retention.
If you are interested in working with charter schools, we can help connect you with the schools that are the best fit for you. We are looking for:
- Experienced educators with at least 2 to 3 years of teaching experience and demonstrated experience in promoting student achievement.
- NYS certification; Masters degree preferred.
- High level of personal responsibility for student achievement.
- Experience working with charter school and/or underserved school districts.
- Commitment to education reform and closing the achievement gap.
- Demonstrated and sustained record of effective teaching.
Current available positions at our members schools include:
Classroom Teacher (K-5)
Special Education Teacher
Science Teacher (Living Environment)
Special Education Teacher
College and Career Readiness Writing Teacher
English Language Arts Teacher
Math Teacher (Geometry)
Special Education ICT Teacher
Special Education ICT Math Teacher
Special Education ICT Science Teacher
Special Education ICT English Teacher
Special Education ICT History Teacher
Varies by school, but all schools offer at least employer-supported health insurance, and 401(k) or 403(b).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- Highest degree attained, years of full-time teaching experience, NYS certification areas/subject/grade.
- Why do you want to teach at a charter school? How has your background prepared you for success at a charter school?
Please email with the subject line: "Idealist - Teacher" and specify in the subject which grade level teaching positions you're seeking. For example, "Idealist - Middle School ESL teacher" or "Idealist - Elementary Classroom Teacher."
No calls. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.