Overview of the position
Family Promise is seeking a full time Administrative assistant. This role will assist all teams to assure that administrative tasks are performed with a high level of professionalism and accuracy. The position requires work on site in our Summit, NJ office with the option for some portion of remote work.
About Family Promise
Family Promise is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization working to prevent and end homelessness. Our holistic, community-based approach to helping families achieve stability makes us unique. We provide a comprehensive set of solutions through prevention, shelter, and stabilization services. Our organization is comprised of more than 200+ Affiliates in 43 states and engages tens of thousands of volunteers nationwide. Since our inception in 1988, we have served more than 1 million people — over 177,000 family members annually. In 2021, Family Promise was awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for its ninth consecutive year, a top distinction from America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Only 6% of charities achieve this honor.
Family Promise’s Core Values reflect the guiding principles that our team practices in their daily service to families in need:
- Hospitality – Family Promise is more than shelter — we are hospitality in action. Our tens of thousands of volunteers nationwide are companions to families, sharing meals, community connections, and compassion so families can focus on achieving their goals.
- Empathy – Family Promise provides highly individualized, person-centered, trauma-informed care. Empathy is at the center of all we do, and we take the time to understand all perspectives. This ensures we deliver excellent service to our guests and maintain a productive and enjoyable work environment.
- Community – Family Promise builds bridges among neighbors, bringing together existing resources to fulfill our mission. The relationships between family members, volunteers, and staff are transformative and power a national movement of communities committed to solving the crisis of family homelessness.
- Dynamic – Family Promise is a dynamic organization, taking a holistic approach to ending family homelessness. Our services, advocacy, and leadership are nimble and future-focused, providing customized and evolving solutions.
- Innovation – Family Promise is innovative and entrepreneurial. Our 200+ Affiliates create original programs in response to local needs. These grassroots initiatives are replicated in communities of all shapes and sizes across the country.
- Empowerment – Family Promise empowers all stakeholders – family members, volunteers, donors, community members, businesses, and government officials – to effect change in their communities so families can achieve economic stability and children can access a brighter future.
- Salesforce and other Data bases: Input and maintain records for various purposes; assure accuracy and consistency in records
- Assist with compliance processes
- Manage online orders and inventory, including preparing outgoing shipments
- Manage schedule and mailings of letters, proposals, donor acknowledgements, and other communications
- Create, edit, and update collateral materials including PowerPoint presentations, letters, advisories, toolkits, and manuals
- Schedule meetings and take notes
- Webinars: scheduling, coordinating, moderating
- Maintain Coassemble groups and access for Affiliates
- Collect and compile grant and program applications
- Manage users and encourage engagement on our Community Site
- Maintain folders and documents in sharepoint library
- Handle logistics for travel arrangements
- Manage mailings of proposals, donor acknowledgements, and other items
- Assist with campaigns and events for all teams
- Assist with volunteer engagement/LMS management
- Respond to requests from individuals seeking services in a helpful and empathetic manner
- Additional office tasks as needed
Qualifications and skills:
- Passion for Family Promise's mission - to help families experiencing homelessness and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response
- 5+ years' experience in an office environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to effectively multitask, establish priorities and plan workflow and timelines, work and make judgments independently, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to assure accuracy in written work product.
- Ability to be a team player and interface with all levels of staff and partners.
- Professional, conscientious, friendly and enthusiastic
- Highly collaborative with a high degree of humility, empathy, and a sense of stewardship to “help” others in the office, across Family Promise, as well as individuals seeking services
- Highly flexible and nimble with demonstrated ability to “switch” work to accommodate shifts in priorities
- Open-minded to new ideas and ways of doing things
Hours, Location, and remote work
- This is a full time role.
- Candidate will be based out of the Summit, NJ office, with the ability to work remotely part of the time.
Family Promise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.