Established in 1976, OAI, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit workforce development training and job placement agency headquartered in downtown Chicago. OAI’s programs provide training for both currently employed workers and unemployed or underemployed individuals who are in need of job skills and critical worker health & safety awareness. OAI’s Mission is to create an environment in which all people can access education, training and employment that will allow them to sustain and enjoy safe, secure and fulfilling lives.
The Career Coach will report to the Program Manager, Retention Plus Program. The Career Coach primarily helps to retain individuals in their workplace. Clients are already working. Retention Plus is not a job placement program. The Career Coach provides holistic direct services to our network of employed individuals and family members; participates in outreach and networking; and advocates on behalf of the Retention Plus program to community resources. The Career Coach maintains employer participation and supports employer recruitment.
- In-depth understanding of employer’s Human Resources (HR) department. To include but not limited to: benefits, programs, culture, and organizational management.
- Provide employee assessment(s) to determine barriers to retention and advancement.
- Create a robust network of resources, referrals, and/or training opportunities to assist in removing employee’s barriers.
- Coach employees through multiple support services and training channels.
- Facilitate direct support service payments (e.g. Human Services, vehicle repair shops, child care agencies, landlords/housing, etc.).
- Market OAI program to community nonprofits and agencies to create long-term agency partnerships.
- Provide training as determined by needs of partner employers.
- Record, update, and maintain client service files and database records.
- Record performance measures, key metrics, and other priorities established by employers or grant requirements.
- Maintain consistent communication with employers as needed for data gathering and reporting.
- Assist with new employer outreach by attending meetings and networking functions; supporting partnerships/ collaborations; and conducting presentations and outreach talks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate required. Four-year college degree in a human services or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Human Resources experience strongly preffered.
- Motivated, self-directed, and conscientious of various roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate ideas, advice, and feedback professionally and concisely in individual and group settings.
- Ability to recognize weaknesses and develop plans to aid in personal and career growth.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with data management systems.
- Must have a flexible schedule- nights and weekends occasionally required.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicagoland and have automotive transportation for reimbursable local job-related travel. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required.
OAI, Inc. offers excellent benefits for full-time staff including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401(k) with match; and paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Spanish - Beginner - Intermediate or Fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements email@example.com with Career Coach, Retention Plus in the subject line.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.