The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to support a growing community of university scholars across the country in advancing a better understanding of the principles of classic liberal ideas--including a free and open society, free speech and open inquiry--and helping them to flourish on college campuses.
As most eligible candidates will be aware, the role of the Digital Marketing Manager is layered and multifaceted. You'll not only manage a team of digital professionals, but you will be expected to jump in where needed to make sure marketing and communication campaigns are up and running effectively. This role is the keeper of the IHS digital footprint across properties and is accountable for the performance, experience, growth, and maintenance while also juggling positive interactions with the multiple departments and teams as well as external partners and providers.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manger is responsible for overseeing digital properties and channels supporting IHS marketing and communication efforts. This position will work closely with the dedicated analytics team to track, measure, and report on the performance of IHS marketing. The person in this role needs to balance a solid understanding of the organizational goals and priorities against the resource and technological limitations of IHS. A sense of adventure isn't required, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.
IHS is an organization that turns ideas into action, and our Digital Marketing Manager is a crucial part of that metamorphosis. You'll work on the front lines, on the backend, and everywhere in between. And, if you're the candidate we're looking for, you wouldn't want it any other way.
- Support the Senior Director of Marketing in building a skilled, innovative, agile, data-driven team and a technological infrastructure of equal measure.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a digital marketing strategy; provide strategic recommendations to marketing.
- Serve as the owner of IHS web properties—maintenance, experience, performance.
- Execute digital marketing campaigns across channels.
- Manage the day-to-day collaborative efforts on digital marketing and communication efforts.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and business relevance of digital marketing campaigns through metrics dashboards & behavioral research initiatives.
- Provide project management across multiple clients and issue areas, managing the implementation of digital marketing and website projects from scope development and creative concepting to technical development and launch.
- Scopes, defines, estimates and manages digital projects.
- Examine and analyze web traffic in coordination with analytics team, reporting as required.
- Establish clear lines of communication and collaborative partnership with the department directors and creative teams.
- Implement process improvements.
- Manage vendor partners, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Keep abreast of digital and traditional best practices and ensures these are understood by the team and followed throughout the project.
- Support the Senior Director of Marketing on other transformational projects as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a record of success managing digital properties, projects, and campaigns for a growing organization.
- Have experience leading and empowering tech-savvy team members who bring a wide range of skills and experience to the table.
- Possess clear, confident, and constructive communication skills.
- Thrive under pressure, with a keen attention to priorities, deadlines, solutions, and strong organizational skills.
- A self-starter mindset with openness to new challenges and comfort with evolving workflows
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of digital products, their development and their use
- Experience with Pardot or similar email service provider system
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
Position Requirements and Preferences
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in similar multi-faceted role.
- Relevant degree in marketing, communication, information technology, or other appropriate field. Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
- Strong understanding of marketing, websites, and project management—ability to interface across departments, drive delivery, and execute with limited oversight.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Founded in 1961, IHS is a nonprofit educational organization that works with college students and professors around the country to advance understanding of the principles of a free and open society. IHS offers educational programs, scholarships, mentoring, and faculty-development support that help college students and professors contribute to a freer, more prosperous, and more humane world.
IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
Minimum Education Required