The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Peer Specialist to join its Geriatric Services Program.
- Conducts home visits to older clients in residential programs and collaborates closely with other staff to maintain and improve ongoing services.
- Assists clients enrolled in aging services with escorts to important appointments.
- Ensures the safety of our older adult population by making appropriate internal and external referrals.
- Assists clients in community integration and maintaining or regaining ADLs.
- Participates in individual supervision from the Aging Services Director as well as weekly care conferences with Residential Services RN, Aging Services case manager, and other residential staff.
- Maintains case records and administrative documents in accordance with The Bridge policies and in accordance with requirements of funders such as OMH, DOHMH, HUD, DHS.
- When involved in incident, report all incidents, internally through the agency’s incident reporting protocols and externally as required to the NYS Justice Center, and/or to relevant oversight/funding agencies such as OMH, DHS, and DOHMH in a timely and thorough manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a certified peer specialist or actively working to complete certification modules .
- Bilingual preferred.
- Some computer literacy required. Knowledge of AWARDS or other electronic record systems preferred.
- Must be able to travel using public transportation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate, and work collaboratively with all levels of employees, clients and community contacts
Excellent compensation package.
Minimum Education Required