605 Southwest 108th Street
Job Description: TAF (Technology Access Foundation) is looking for a sharp, energetic person, who has a penchant for detail to support our Development Team. You will process contributions, maintain the database, conduct research, assist in preparation for events and donor meetings, and generate reports for the team and the TAF Board of Directors. You will also lead, implement and manage our volunteer program of STEM/industry professionals. The ideal candidate will consistently present a positive image of TAF in all internal and external contacts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the development team in the coordination, completion and administration of the day-to-day operations.
- Process donations: Enter contributions into the database and generate thank you letters to our donors.
- Maintain database integrity and accuracy: Update donor information and address corrections as deemed appropriate by development staff. Assist with preparation of donor/prospect profiles, all while maintaining confidentiality. Run donor reports as assigned.
- Work with staff accountant to ensure consistency between the donor and accounting systems.
- Assist with TAF’s annual events including administration, design and day-of execution as well as follow-up.
- Organize and implement bulk mailings and other appeals.
- Recruit, manage and steward/retain volunteers for various events and programs.
Skills Required: The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail oriented.
§ Able to communicate in individual conversations, group meetings, all forms of written correspondence, occasional presentations and extensive phone outreach.
- Able to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
§ Ability to multi-task, work smart, respond quickly to critical situations, and make good decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e. photocopier, and laptop etc.).
§ Demonstrated command of the Microsoft 365 suite and online tools.
§ Demonstrated understanding of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
§ Able to manage long and short-term projects.
§ AA Degree preferred
§ A minimum of two years of administrative experience—preferably in a non-profit environment.
§ Prefer some fundraising and special event experience.
§ Experience working with volunteers.
§ Experience working in a diverse environment.
§ Equivalent education/experience will substitute for minimum qualifications.
How to Apply:
Send resume and Cover Letter, by email or fax Attn: Deputy Director.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
605 SW 108th Street
Seattle, WA 98146
TAF complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and follows guidelines to select the best qualified person for each position within the organization. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or other physical or mental disability.
100% Medical paid by employer for employee and dependents
3 - weeks paid vacation
1 - week of paid sick time
Optional retirement plan
Monday - Thursday work schedule
Level of Language Proficiency
English as first language
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume attn: Development Director. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE