The Director of Admissions as a member of the school's leadership team, will possess an ambitious vision for excellence through a culturally responsive mindset. This person will develop and spearhead strategies and tasks necessary to build Cristo Rey Miami’s student body. This position will lead all community outreach recruitment initiatives by establishing and maintaining relationships with community partners, school administrators, and religious leaders to build sustainable recruiting pipelines.
The Director is the first point of contact for prospective families and will be responsible for the oversight of the recruitment process from initial contact to enrollment. In addition, this person will spearhead marketing and communications for student recruitment. Overall, the ideal candidate will be an integral member of the high-functioning, vibrant team that serves its students needs and cultivates their many talents to and through college.
Recruitment and Community Relations
- Lead the comprehensive recruitment strategy to yield students of the Cristo Rey profile, and execute to meet enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Logistics Coordinator to develop marketing and communication strategies to promote the school to prospective students and families, and community-based partner organizations.
- Proactively develop external partnerships with feeder schools, community and religious leaders, and civic organizations; schedule and conduct recruitment presentations; promote the overall visibility of Cristo Rey in the community.
- Maintain a visible presence in the local community and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key community partners and stakeholders.
- Lead all logistics and facilitation of recruitment presentation at schools, places of worship, community organizations.
- Collaborate with Principal to secure 100 students 9th grade students.
- Develop and refine all processes and procedures to attract students and families; manage all communications with prospective families.
- Track touch points and follow-up to facilitate a maximum number of completed applications.
- Ensure that families are engaged throughout the admissions funnel process, including, but not limited to a 21-day conversion cycle from started application to enrolled.
- Maintain enrollment database and execute timeline for admissions- related materials and communications to schools and prospective families.
- Inform families of the financial aid process, including, but not limited to updating them on the Step Up for Students scholarship application timeline.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of trends in applications and enrollment to prepare regular updates for the Executive Leadership Team. Board of Directors, and Cristo Rey Network.
- Supervise the Admissions Coordinator to ensure an efficient and effective enrollment management process, including, but not limited to ensuring security of required admissions documents and completion of all checklist items.
School Leadership and Collaboration
- Serve as a contributing member of the school’s leadership team; demonstrate a willingness to support the success of the school outside of the identified role and responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in Cristo Rey Network programs for Admissions (Recruitment / Enrollment) Leads or other programs; serve as a collaborative member of the Cristo Rey Network nationwide and co-lead the Miami enrollment committee.
- Oversee the grant writing process by advising Principal, Director of Development, Director of CWSP, Director of Finance, and President.
- Flexibility, energy, stamina, and foresight to successfully navigate in a start-up school.
- Strong collaboration with others and the ability to systematically gather input prior to developing strategies and solutions.
- Openness to feedback and to using feedback to inform one’s professional practice.
- Ability to think critically and reflectively and to prioritize multiple projects and requests effectively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highest level of professionalism, including handling confidential information.
Salary and Compensation: $70,000 - $75,000. Full time employees will be eligible for the following benefits: medical, dental, retirement, and other supplementary insurance.
Statement of Nondiscrimination: Cristo Rey Miami does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation or religion.