Details: Competitive pay and benefits, exciting work. Salary and benefits are set by collective bargaining agreement.
5030 1st Avenue South
The United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 21 is seeking an experienced Union Organizer.
Position requires willingness to work long and irregular hours, strong listening, speaking, and writing skills.
Basic computer literacy required, advanced a plus. Must have some experience with unions (as a member, steward, intern or staffer) or other demonstrated commitment to social change.
We are looking for organizers who care about others, have a passion for building power for working people, speak Spanish or a language other than English, have experience with online to field organizing and/or experience with rank and file organizing.
- Critical thinking and willingness to confront the status quo
- Ability to move people past fear
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social and economic justice
- Driver’s license, vehicle and valid insurance required
- Experience with RC, PERC, card check or alternative elections
- Comprehensive campaign experience
- Has led teams and/or trained others as a part of organizing drive or campaign
- Ability to speak and write language(s) in addition to English
- Experience with organizing in industries that UFCW represents: grocery, retail, healthcare, laundries, food processing and/or retail cannabis
- Experience with “outside of the box” organizing strategies and tactics
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. UFCW 21 is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent wage package including medical and pension benefits under the Pacific Northwest Staff Union agreement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kasi Farrar at email@example.com.