HOUSING CASE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess housing barriers of families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness to determine housing and service needs.
- Develop housing procurement, financial, and self-sufficiency case management plan with participants. This will include intake interview to determine household needs, goals, and eligibility.
- Utilizes the housing first model to rapidly re-house Next Step families within 30 days of entering shelter program.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and/or maintain housing.
- Create and maintain consistent communication channels, both verbal and written, between several parties (i.e. tenant, landlord, referral source, collaborating agencies, debtors, and creditors).
- Serve as an ongoing liaison between property managers and participants as well as between participants and neighbors.
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate participants of their rights and responsibilities.
- Determine appropriateness of household for receipt of rapid rehousing funds and recommend amount. Allocates and tracks use of rapid rehousing funds.
- Advocates for and actively assists families and individuals in obtaining services (e.g. mental health, mental retardation, alcohol and drug, housing referrals, financial assistance, home based services, training, medical services, mentoring and socialization).
- Conducts weekly home inspections for Next Steps Family Program participants, including teaching households how to maintain an apartment.
- Travels and makes shelter and home visits as well as works an adjusted work schedule including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Uses automated technology including HMIS and hard copy files to maintain, update, and report on case data, goal attainment, and outcomes in a timely manner
- Attends various regional meetings, including HOST, Intake Coordinator and Housing Locator Meetings, throughout Fairfax County and generates and distributes housing resources to FACETS staff.
- Assists in managing the FACETS budget for program expenditures.
- Participates in program staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and plans; works cooperatively with staff to meet FACETS goals.
- Participates in and conducts in-service training for staff development. Actively supports FACETS’ mission oriented outcome evaluation and outcome management.
- Prepares proposals, reports, and statistics for submission to funding sources with the Deputy Executive Director’s supervision.
- Represents FACETS in the community, in accord with Agency Mission, Vision, and Code of Ethics.
- Supervisor Case managers on weekly basis.
- Supervisor and provides guidance to George Mason Interns as needed.
- Assumes the role of Case Manager Supervisor in absence of Case Manager Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable human services field plus two years of professional social work/case management experience with homeless and/or at-risk populations. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Requires knowledge and belief in “Housing First” and “Rapid Re-Housing” philosophy and strategies.
- Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities as well as “strengths based” case management.
- Knowledge of current social service, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage an intensive caseload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use HMIS to establish and maintain case records and to facilitate data collection.
- Excellent data entry and data quality skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Results-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, good driving record, and personal car insurance.
- Must be able to drive 15 passenger van.
- Must pass criminal background and Child Protective Services background checks.
FACETS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the following email address: Employment@FacetsCares.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. FACETS is a 501c3 organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.