Details: Commensurate with experience.
126 Brookline Avenue
As the Accounts Receivable Assistant, you will provide support for the medical/behavioral health billing process and works in three major area: processing cash, checks, and EOB’s, resolving problem accounts, and reviewing credentials and other billing requirements.
Your Representative Duties:
Entering charge data
- Enters all relevant encounter form information on a daily basis
- Accurately enter all charge data information including patient demographics, patient insurance information, grant/contract information, ICD-9, HCPCS, and CPT-4 codes, and all other information required to submit accurate 1st and 3rd bills
Posts cash, checks, and EOB/EOP’s
- Enters bank lock-box remittance information from 1st and 3rd party payors, posting payments, adjustments, write-offs, withholds, denials, rejections, appeals, and balance transfers into Fenway Health’s billing system (CPS).
Filing and data entry
- Enter all pertinent documentation /correspondence into appropriate system (CPS),
- Communicate correspondence received to proper parties and enter into appropriate system (CPS) on a daily basis.
Communication of relevant information
- Communicate any financial issues pertinent to reimbursement to providers and request necessary documentation
- Communicate pertinent insurance carrier policy changes, requirements, etc.
Assisting with other billing staff responsibilities
- Maintains original and photocopied documents in an orderly filing system including periodic transfer of information to off-site, long-term storage
- Provides assistance to Senior A/R and other Patient Accounts staff in resolving patient billing inquiries
Fenway Health offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide an 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Associates Degree in Business with High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years related experience
- Basic PC skills for spreadsheet and word processing applications (knowledge of Word and Excel preferred)
- Basic computer education in specialized software applications such as billing and using the internet.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Medical and Behavioral Health billing experience preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
To apply, please use the following link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2064215
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please use the link above or access the Fenway Health Career Portal at http://fenwayhealth.org/employment