17 Sellers Street
The Possible Project’s (TPP) programming includes the operation of two in-house social enterprises, known as TPP Enterprises, focused on:
1. Educating and empowering students through authentic work experience; and
2. Generating revenue to support students and ongoing programming.
We are looking for a Social Enterprise Associate - Marketing and Education to join our growing, entrepreneurial TPP Enterprises (TPPE) team. You will work primarily within We Sell Possible - a TPP Enterprise which focuses on the acquisition and resale of items via online channels - and have the chance to combine the best of the nonprofit and for-profit worlds!
Under the guidance of the Business & Education Coordinator, you will support our TPP Enterprises education team, co-teaching classes for our enthusiastic and inspiring high school students across our sites in Cambridge and Boston. You will also play a pivotal role in helping to run and grow our online sales business to meet financial goals.
As a Social Enterprise Associate, your key responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
● Teaching: You will help teach TPP Enterprises programming and provide feedback to help us further refine content, delivery, recruitment, retention, and evaluation. We will support you with coaching and professional development opportunities to help you develop and refine your skills as an effective educator.
● Mentoring and coaching: Mentor, coach, supervise, and support TPP students and alumni, especially those who are employed within TPP Enterprises.
● Product Acquisition (Donations): You will manage the outreach, collection, and intake of all products secured through our We Sell Possible donation drives.
To run our business, we rely heavily on the donation of items from our network of donors. You will foster our existing partnerships and expand our network of donors to help us reach our ambitious business goals.
● Business Development & Marketing: You will help drive revenue by employing entrepreneurial and effective business development strategies. You will help us refine and execute our sales and marketing strategy with a view to increasing sales for our online resale business and supporting TPP Enterprises to meet its business goals.
● Business Operations & Customer Service: Support all business operations and customer service related activities including inventory management, responding to customers, shipping logistics and maintaining high seller standards.
● Other duties: Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of students and the organization.
In addition, working within a growing entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader TPP team as needed.
This job description and list of requirements and responsibilities is general and is not meant to be exhaustive. This role may evolve over time based on organizational needs.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
This job might be for you if you:
● Are entrepreneurially minded. This role is multi-faceted and requires a team member who can respond to needs as they arise. You enjoy taking on challenges and persisting to find creative solutions.
● Have demonstrated interest and/or experience in teaching, coaching or working with youth, particularly those who are low-income, recent immigrants, and/or face barriers to success.
● Have experience working in business development, sales, marketing, donation strategy, or other relevant business experience.
● Are a self-starter with the ability to work cooperatively with others and a willingness to accept supervision and feedback.
● Have an interest in the fast-paced, changing environment of a growing organization.
● Pay attention to the details. You understand that in a business environment, even the slightest error can lead to customer service challenges.
● Communicate clearly. You write clearly in all of your communications and you are comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organization.
● Have a sense of humor. You like to have fun and you want to love what you do.
● Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
● Language skills in Haitian Creole, Portuguese, or Spanish would be a plus.
● Drivers’ license would be a plus.
In addition, you demonstrate the organization’s key values:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP, RESPECT, TEAMWORK, RESILIENCE, INTEGRITY, and FUN.
The Possible Project offers a robust compensation and benefits package including high
quality health benefits and an employer contribution to your 401(k) plan.
Please send a single PDF containing your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Possible Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the
provision of services.
Minimum Education Required