130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Real Estate Division seeks a detail-oriented, proactive, motivated, positive, and flexible development assistant to provide essential administrative support for three Financial Resource Development professionals, including one manager as well as other members of the department. This individual must be proficient in multitasking, complex charts, and computer programs.
- Help coordinate and assist with department fundraising events and activities
- Work with the team on ways to improve efficiency
- Plan and prepare necessary materials for internal and external meetings, including event logistics
- Type and compose correspondence, such as memos, reports, and invitations
- Manage and maintain database, calendar, and files
- Process money for events, campaign payments, and pledges
- Assemble internal and external mailings
- Perform general administrative duties, such as routing mail, filing, copying, and ordering supplies
- Help coordinate and assist with seminars, donor events, and department activities
- Respond to situations as appropriate, corresponding with donors and staff
- Process and file attendance and expense reports, and organize travel arrangements
- Research and prospect individuals
- Various projects as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and related administrative experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and database management
- Detail-oriented, effective time manager with the ability to multitask in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Excellent writing, editing, and administrative skills
- Flexibility with good interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Friendly phone presence
- Understanding levels of confidentiality
- Positive work ethic and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and an understanding of systems and procedures
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application directly to our job board at UJA Careers Page.
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.