The Outreach and Event Coordinator communicates the mission, services and needs of the organization to the community-at-large and, specifically, to potential clients, volunteers, supporters and donors, by making effective use of a variety of approaches. The overall goal of this position is to support Garden of Hope’s program and fundraising growth. The Outreach and Event Coordinator will increase financial and volunteer support for Garden of Hope’s mission through marketing, public relations, communications, and events strategies.
Work direction and priorities are given by the Executive Director as direct supervisor.
- Develop effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, government, foundation, social service representatives and others to nurture their connections to the organization.
- Develop, review, and enhance content for print, electronic and social media to communicate information to public, supporters and potential clients.
- Maintain the Garden of Hope’s clear, inspiring and upbeat voice for newsletters, brochures, website, annual report and more.
- Plan and coordinate community events and fundraising events.
- Build and expand media contacts and raise visibility of Garden of Hope in the community.
- Compose and distribute e-newsletters on a regular schedule
- Compose articles & press releases for distribution across all media outlets and manage media relations with press & local media personnel.
- Assist team in maintaining, updating, and evolving a content-rich organization website.
- Manage recruitment, retention and assignment of volunteers.
- Attend and participate community events to establish increased visibility for organization.
- Carrie out any additional assignments required by Executive Director to fulfill the Mission of the organization.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- At least 2 years working experience in Fundraising, Development, Communications, Volunteer Coordination and/or Special Event
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent computer skills
- Capable of taking on projects and being responsible for their successful completion
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
- Works evenings and weekends as needed.