ABOUT THE POSITION: The Controller manages financial reporting and analysis, internal controls, financial compliance, audit and tax functions, and coordinates the daily operations of all accounting functions. The Controller reports to the Director of Finance and leads a team of six accounting staff to coordinate Payroll, G/L and Bank Account Reconciliation, Banking Operations, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Rent Collection, and Project Accounting.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Headquarters in Pioneer Square
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday Days
SALARY: DOE and within Compass ranges
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The employee in this position must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Establish and maintain accounting systems and internal controls that meet or surpass Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Uniform Grant Guidance auditing standards and all compliance requirements of our public and private funders.
- Document and maintain complete, accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and internal controls for accounting operations.
- As the MIP administrator, continually update the accounting system to accommodate new programs, companies, and user rights. Ensure that the financial reporting system meets the diverse needs of agency stakeholders.
- Coordinate the month and year-end closing processes, including indirect cost allocations.
- Support the Director of Finance in developing the annual agency operating budget.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager to prepare budgets and financial reporting for service contracts with the City, County, State, and Federal Government.
- File all City and State Excise and B&O tax returns.
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Participate with the Management team to support the agency mission, develop new projects, and implement organization policies.
Audit & Reporting
- Provide oversight and coordinate monitoring visits by governmental funders, including responding to information requests.
- Prepare financials for funders and LIHTC tax partners and field ad hoc requests for financial information from funders.
- Grant Guidance auditing standards and all compliance requirements of our public and private funders.
- Prepare all audit schedules and manage the annual audit process for all entities. Serve as liaison with external auditors.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Project a favorable image of the organization in order to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
SALARY: DOE and within Compass ranges
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the link provided: