1229 Albany Avenue
Position Summary: The Parent Educator and Engagement Specialist is responsible for the development and provision of educational programs to assist parents and caregivers in creating an environment of trust and comfort in talking with their children about sex and sexuality. This position also works with parents and other community members to strengthen relationships, build collaboration and partnerships, and encourage engagement in reproductive health, rights and access issues, with a specific focus on comprehensive sexuality education.
· Develops and implements high quality education programs related to sexuality/sexual health to adults in a variety of settings
· Networks with other community-based organizations to cultivate an awareness and use of PPSNE services
· Provides resource consultation to community based organizations regarding sexuality education.
· Identifies and markets learning events to professional and community audiences
· Cultivates an awareness of the diversity of PPSNE’s customer base and provides programs and services that reflect a competency around issues of diversity
· Responds to the educational needs of the region by acting as an informational resource for agencies in the area regarding issues involving sexuality education. Responds to community agencies in a timely manner and develops and maintains contacts in the community and local schools in order to market programs
· Recruits and manages volunteers to assist with advocacy efforts for reproductive health, access and rights issues throughout the State, with a specific focus on comprehensive sexuality education. Leverage current activities and coordinate events that encourage activism and develop grassroots and grass-tops support to create political power for reproductive health and rights in the State
· Collaborates with the Public Policy & Advocacy team to implement advocacy and organizing strategies to further engage our communities, with a focus on parents and youth, for the purpose of increasing awareness on sexual and reproductive health issues and support for PPSNE’s mission
· Serves as an advocate and representative of the organization in coalitions (Healthy Youth) and raise awareness about our efforts to increase access to health care and comprehensive sexuality education
· Develops and maintains external contacts with professionals, organizations, and community agencies to promote and enhance their relationship with PPSNE including PPSNE supported membership in professional organizations as agreed upon with the Regional Manager, Adult Education & Professional Training
· Responsible for administrative duties such as entering supporter and voter engagement into the Voter Activation Network (VAN), and databases and may support PPSNE social media presence through content development and coordinated email campaigns
· Supports the agency’s mission and all of the reproductive health services offered including family planning services, women’s health screenings, testing and treatment of STIs, birth control methods and abortion services
· Supports efforts of the agency’s diversity program to provide services that are culturally and linguistically competent; takes the initiative to develop own awareness and knowledge of diversity matters
· College degree in a related field or at least two (2) years of professional experience in community education, youth development, sexuality/sexual health, and/or community organizing on political or social issues
· Academic training in the literature of human sexuality, reproductive health, and sexuality education, preferred
· A proven ability to motivate, train, and develop other leaders, especially volunteers, preferred
· Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with diverse groups and gain trust and spark interest among community residents
· Spanish language proficiency, preferred
· Must be an effective communicator with a demonstrated comfort level communicating in a public forum. Experience communicating on sexuality-related topics, or willingness to gain such experience, required
· Demonstrated understanding and utilization of the skill sets necessary for effective community education/training design and group facilitation
· Ability to create and present education/training programs to meet the needs of external clients.
· Demonstrated education and business writing skills
· Ability to handle discreet, confidential information
· Strong supporter of PPSNE mission and all of the reproductive health services offered.
· Ability to clearly articulate and present information in public
· Ability to travel throughout the state and to work in the mornings, afternoons, evening, nights and weekends, as needed
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to: