Details: Commensurate with experience
The Senior Producer, Social and Digital has the dual responsibility of growing WQXR’s social audience and for being the senior digital producer responsible for web and video content across WQXR’s websites and apps. Below are key responsibilities in each category.
Social Platform Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to grow audience and engagement across social media platforms (Fb, Twitter, Insta, YouTube,Spotify, others as determined by the team)
- In partnership with editorial/programming and senior team devise social programming strategy and voice; ensure compliance to this voice across platforms and that there is a social component to everything we create and do
- Serve as lead producer of social media content, build and manage social programming calendar or delegate when necessary
- Serve as the lead social manager for WQXR’s Instagram account, including the publishing of 14-21 pieces of new content per week, delegate when necessary
- Day to day supervisor and of the assistant digital producer of social media, including assigning work and overseeing work hours, time-off approvals, and meeting goals
- Alert Listener Services when customer support questions arise via social and email channels; analyze and share insights with broader team
- Partner with Research to build social measurement, KPIs, dashboards and ongoing insights that inform our daily work
- Maintain style guide for social media
- Accountable for engagement rates on social media to hit goals; continue to iterate and improve publish volume and engagement (per Spredfast analytics) using tactics such as labels, and influencer programs to track and grow engagement.
- Experience developing social and digital audiences for music brands. Familiarity with classical music is highly desirable.
- Supremely organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once and work with other departments to guide projects to fruition.
- Keen understanding of the social media landscape, existing and emerging, and an analytical thinker when it comes to social strategy.
- Proficient in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Comfortable working with social publishing and analytics tools, such at Spredfast or Hootsuite.
- Comfortable analyzing social metrics.
- Knowledge of CMS and basic HTML.
- Proficiency at video production, from storyboarding to shooting to final edit, including sound editing and color correction, highly preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects a big plus.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Stellar grammar and copyediting skills. Knowledge of AP Style a big plus.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp or other e-newsletter tools.
- An eagerness to experiment and try new things is required!
Minimum Education Required