Details: Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements.
614 Grand Avenue
Cardea is a national organization that provides training, organizational development, and research and evaluation services. Our mission is to improve organizations’ abilities to deliver accessible, high quality, culturally proficient, and compassionate services to their clients.
The Accounting and Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities of our accounting and human resources departments. This includes A/P and A/R operations, collections, reconciliations, and cash flow management, as well as human resource and payroll duties. This 32-hour a week (.80 FTE) position is based in Oakland and reports to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Oversee processing of accounts payable and receivable and ensure prompt collection of receivables
- Oversee and maintain contracts with related vendors
- Maintain an orderly and accurate financial filing system
- Maintain an accurate chart of accounts
- Supervise the recording of cash receipts and bank deposits
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts
- Monitor cash flow
- Process payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure timely processing of year-end documents including but not limited to W-2’s and 1099’s
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Assist with management of benefits enrollment and administration
- Assist with management of workers’ compensation administration, including accident reporting requirements and claims management
- Serve as point of contact for all payroll/benefits inquires
- Reconcile monthly benefits statements
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of automated accounting and payroll systems
- Commitment to professional and ethical standards
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small, diverse team environment
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse constituencies including public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and community groups and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers, clients, and program partners
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and adjust to dynamic work environment
Cardea offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(K) retirement, and life and short-/long term disability insurance. Cardea is on public transportation routes; supports flexible work schedules for employees; and is a business casual dress environment.
Cardea provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Cardea complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace.
Minimum Education Required