Details: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
College Promise Campaign
Job Description - Executive Assistant to the CEO
The College Promise Campaign (CPC) is a national nonpartisan higher education initiative housed at Civic Nation, building a nationwide movement to make a college degree or a postsecondary certificate more affordable and attainable for hardworking students, beginning in America’s community colleges. College Promise programs cover tuition and fees and provide support to help students succeed. These programs have helped tens of thousands of students succeed. As this movement grows, it will help millions more by removing barriers to higher education and providing critical academic and social support, leading to a better prepared workforce and a more equitable society. The Executive Assistant to the CEO position is integral to the Campaign’s success and the growth of the College Promise movement underway in more than 300 communities and 45 states.
The Campaign builds widespread public understanding about the value of a quality higher education, especially in community colleges and their sister colleges and universities, locally, regionally and statewide. We serve as the prominent public voice and champion for this work. CPC creates impact by:
- Providing community, state, and regional leaders the necessary tools, information, and networks to offer high-quality College Promise programs for their residents;
- Mobilizing leaders across diverse communities and interests to build and sustain high-quality College Promise programs; and
- Raising widespread awareness to increase support for College Promise programs.
The College Promise Campaign seeks an Executive Assistant to the CEO to support the day-to-day administrative functions of the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the CEO’s scheduling needs, including managing multiple calendars and emails; vetting and coordinating incoming requests (e.g., calls, meetings, speaking engagements, and travel); and prioritizing the CEO’s time in support of the Campaign’s 2018-2020 Strategic Plan, National Advisory Board, and Senior Leadership Team commitments.
- Drafts and processes correspondence, and assists with annual budgets, reporting requirements, and other relevant work products in a timely, efficient, and transparent manner.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for meetings and events, including scheduling and purchasing of transportation, hotels, and other accommodations; preparing travel itineraries; and compiling meeting agendas, handouts, and related materials.
- Supports financial operations, including payments for staff and consultants and reconciling monthly expenses and expense reports of the CEO and staff.
- Creates and maintains well-organized, easily navigable filing systems and clear processes to help ensure success of the CEO and CPC team.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Highest degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Google apps, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.), and other current technology systems (e.g., Salesforce, CRM systems).
- Anticipates and meets deadlines, and helps resolve scheduling conflicts to keep projects moving and on schedule.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and projects in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Takes initiative to design and improve executive support systems to benefit a small, but mighty leadership team.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as with busy colleagues to accomplish tasks.
- Positive, respectful, diplomatic, and sensitive to intercultural communication,colleagues and constituencies from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Basic financial and budget experience.
Civic Nation fully covers the cost of health, dental, and vision insurance; and offers a $50 monthly mobile phone stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant to the CEO” in the subject line.
We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.