Villa Esperanza Services, a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals with developmental disabilities for over 50 years, is seeking a Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator!
Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator Job Summary
The Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator manages volunteers, plans and executes specific special events, assists with major fundraising events, social media outreach and writing. The position is responsible for recruiting, placing and supervising volunteers throughout the agency, ranging from middle, high school and college students to professionals. Coordinator is responsible for managing volunteer policies and guidelines. Coordinator works closely with the Special Events Coordinator and entire Development team, providing high level support to ensure success of all Villa events, including management of day-of-event volunteers. Coordinator adheres to all Villa Esperanza policies and procedures and exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities. Understands and supports the goals of the Development Department as well as Villa’s organizational mission.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Develops, promotes, and maintains a wide range of volunteer opportunities within organization.
- Recruits, interviews, and places applicants for volunteer positions and conducts or coordinates volunteer orientation and training.
- Monitors performance of volunteers.
- Informs volunteers of policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Confers with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation and interest.
- Organizes and participates in volunteer recognition programs.
- Maintains accurate records and provides timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Assists the Villa Esperanza Guild in planning and execution of annual fundraising event and supports ongoing Guild operations.
- Provides key support for Special Events Coordinator in planning and execution of annual Blue & White and Tournament of Hope events,
- Organizes two Annual Achievement Awards client recognition events (Pasadena and West Region.)
- Writes and coordinates Villa Family Network correspondence and plans family meetings; assists with articles for Villa’s newsletter and Annual Report.
- Assists with advocacy outreach and materials
- Coordinates NCL volunteer opportunities and supports Service and Social Club for adult clients.
- Coordinates annual Deck the Villa and Spring Eggstravaganza volunteer events.
- Manages Valentine Thank You mailing to volunteers and donors.
- Assists with social media content/curation and manages social media ambassador network
- Participates as part of Development team to strategize and support fundraising goals.
- Demonstrates commitment to the organizational mission and sensitivity to the needs of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience required
- Two years previous development, administrative, and/or service experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphic programs preferred
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect and Constant Contact is preferred
- Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong multitasking and problem solving skills
- Professional attitude; team player
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Villa Esperanza Services offers the following to eligible staff who meet the eligibility criteria:
- Retirement Savings Plan
- FREE Life Insurance
- Sick Time
- Paid Time Off
- Access to Employee Discounts and Savings
***Final candidates must satisfactorily complete a fingerprinting clearance, physical & Tuberculosis screenings.
Salary Range: $18-$22 per hour
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You may send your resume and cover letter to HR@VillaEsperanzaServices.org. *Please note that resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
You may also apply in person during the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday at 2060 East Villa Street, Pasadena, CA 91107.