3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 15 schools and serves approximately 6,500 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for the development and analysis of KIPP LA’s financial information, including key areas of budgeting, financial planning and reporting. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
Financial Modeling & Analysis
- Formulation of budgets and long-term forecasts, including revenue and expense forecasting, budget development, capital spending analysis, balance sheet analysis and planning in conjunction with the Director of Finance
- Maintenance and modification of long-term financial model including financing and project alternatives, and corresponding capital structure analysis and review
- Review and maintain rolling 12-month cash flow model on a monthly basis, including payroll review, coding reclassifications, end-of-year projections, and budget-to-actual comparisons
- Perform analyses, as required, on various financial and operational issues such as: evaluation of third-party versus in-house service provisions; vendor and contract comparisons; and measures of operational effectiveness, and using these analyses to identify potential cost savings measures
- Develop effective tools for the Executive Team, Finance Committee and Board to use to monitor, assess, and evaluate the financial performance and structure of KIPP LA Public Schools
- Preparation of timely monthly financial statements
- Preparation of timely and relevant management reports that provide insights into the organization’s performance against its financial plans and related financial health, including balance sheet and asset management
- Collaborate with Development, Operations, and Real Estate teams to develop budgets and projections for all public and private funding
- Educate and support School Leaders and their teams to prepare annual budgets and manage school-based expenses
- Contribute to increasing the financial literacy and business acumen of the organization
- Participate in monthly school-based meetings with School Leaders, School Business Operations Managers, and Regional personnel to discuss and analyze expenditures, and modify projections
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- At least two years of experience in a finance-related role
- Strong understanding of and experience with budgeting and financial reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills with the ability to extract insights from data and answer the question before it is asked
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Detail‐ and results‐oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done accurately and on a timely basis and who has strong sense of urgency
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the link provided.