HIAS seeks a Strategic Information & Performance Manager to be responsible for developing and improving systems to monitor and evaluate HIAS’ organizational and operational effectiveness, including tracking milestones, key performance indicators and related performance across all organizational divisions. This key role will help to assure strategic, focused, effective, collaborative and outcomes-oriented measurement across HIAS departments.
S/he leads the collection and analysis of information for HIAS’ organizational dashboard and progress tracking systems, including monitoring progress against organizational goals and objectives and tracking of high-level projects and deliverables across divisions. S/he works closely with all divisions including Programs (International and US programs), Public Affairs, and Operations to monitor the effectiveness, cost, and overall impact of HIAS’ refugee assistance programs. S/he will contribute to the development and roll-out of organization-wide monitoring systems, tools, and strategies to ensure evidence-based decision-making for all operational and executive aspects of HIAS. S/he will also support relevant leadership team members with alignment of departmental objectives to agency-level goals and monitor progress and facilitates regular strategic reviews based on organizational data.
STRATEGIC PLANNING & MEASUREMENT APPROACHES
- Core Responsibility: Supports the development and implementation of organization-wide strategy and strategic alignment processes, including alignment of departmental objectives to agency-level goals.
- Provides support to the Leadership Team to conceptualize, design, and refining of HIAS’ organizational goals and objectives across HIAS’ work.
- Provides technical assistance in annual planning and objective setting processes across the departments, the development of milestones and key performance indicators for organizational objectives and establishes a measurement process for tracking and analyzing these milestones and KPIs.
- Supports to shape an engaging measurement culture that will deliver sustainable high performance and outcomes.
- Supports and facilitates regular strategic reviews based on organizational data.
- Maintains and continually improves the organizational profile by facilitating organizational learning from agency level results.
- Core Responsibility: Support and shape HIAS’ strategic narrative for external audiences, including funders, networks, and peer agencies.
- Supports business development processes, providing evidence-based inputs to support strong proposal development and continued revenue growth.
- Represents HIAS in internal and external networks and builds linkages between HIAS and other agencies on issues pertaining agency level results measurement and organizational performance.
DATA ANALYSIS, MANAGEMENT & VISUALIZATION
- Core Responsibility: Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting out on agency-level data to track and articulate HIAS’ progress toward key goals, objectives, and supporting initiatives.
- Establishes or improves systems for routine organizational data collection, improves data visualization and analytics of routinely collected data, and strengthens data use for decision making.
- Leads the collection and analysis of organizational dashboard data, including monitoring progress against organizational goals and objectives and tracking of high-level projects and deliverables.
- Leads the design, implementation, and development of new processes in information management and organization dashboard.
- Works closely with the HIAS data systems project team to align the design, processes, and reporting outputs of the data system with HIAS’ organizational goals/objectives.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure robust data collection across divisions and strengthening data quality standards.
- Core Responsibility: Guiding organizational results reporting to tell a clear, compelling, evidence-driven story about HIAS’ organizational progress for both internal and external audiences.
- Performs analysis of progress against targets on of milestones and key performance indicators and contributes to agency-level dashboard, regular updates on organizational performance for use in reports to funders and the HIAS Board of Directors as well as public communication on HIAS’ work.
- Actively contributes to the incorporation of lessons learned into organizational planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Provides technical assistance and quality assurance for donor reports and other external results reporting.
- In collaboration with IT, provides leadership to explore the use of ICT4D and to develop and implement data management technology platform, including visualization platforms and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience and at least 3 years experience with monitoring systems/M&E, data management, and/or data analytics and visualization required. Program management experience or exposure preferred.
- Strong background in social justice, human rights and/or refugee issues preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, track and report on program and organizational performance data in a fast-paced environment, knowledge of project management application is preferred.
- Ability to create clear, compelling visuals, reports, and storytelling from multiple data sources.
- Experience in training and effective capacity building for staff and partners.
- Proficiency in Excel and other tools for tracking and analyzing data.
- Experience using data management systems required; additional experience with managing/manipulating datasets and/or database structure and logic preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with data analytics and visualization applications and platforms, such as PowerBI (preferred), Tableau, Salesforce Analytics, or other visualization and/or charting tools (Google Charts, R Studio, etc.).
- Ability to travel to international field offices, as needed.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including experience writing funder reports, SOPs and other program management documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to multi-task.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.