Details: $17-19 per Hour
Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Urban Services YMCA is the social services branch of the YMCA of San Francisco. Our mission is to provide holistic and comprehensive programs that support health and wellness in youth, families and communities. Urban Services YMCA's programs recognize and re-affirm client strengths, encourage meaningful and collaborative participation, and recognize clients and communities as the best resources for overcoming challenges and identifying solutions.
We are seeking creative talented professional people who are serious about providing meaningful after school opportunities for youth. We need people who are flexible, who will take the initiative, who are punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year, which may include school breaks and weekends (8/13/2018 - 6/4/2019).
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits - medical and dental plans for full time employees
- Retirement benefits – 12% employer contribution after completion of eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Commuter Benefits via pre-tax payroll deductions
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care on a pre-tax basis
- Use of YMCA of San Francisco Fitness facilities
- Paid time off benefits for part time and full time employees upon completion of eligibility requirements
- Training and staff development for all employees
Level of Language Proficiency
- At Least 21 years of Age for the middle school programs, at least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All - Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind - NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development, especially in developing Growth Mindset skills
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M - F during after school program hours (1:30 - 6:30p)
- Must be willing to participate in Bi-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Current YMCA approved CPR and First Aid certification and current TB Test.
- Special Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Connections in the Bayview or Potrero Hill communities or the greater San Francisco Community are a bonus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please reply to this posting and submit a cover letter, resume and references to Maybelle Miranda at: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records