Details: Competitive Salary and Benefits.
2001 Mississippi Ave., SE
The incumbent is responsible for facilitating services for youth and on their behalf acts as an advocate for youth to ensure that needs are fully and accurately identified, that a responsive individual plan is developed with meaningful participation of the youth, that the plan is implemented in a timely manner and that progress is measured at regular intervals in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide youth who present themselves to CHW for service with a warm and empathetic welcome and an overview of the purpose and philosophy of CHW.
- Provide the youth with an overview of the services available at CHW.
- Conducts youth intake and connects youth to the CHW service(s) that will best meet their need(s)
- Complete a Comprehensive Assessment on youth. Work with the youth to develop an individualized service plan. This plan will serve as a guide for the youth during their time with CHW.
- Provide case management and referrals (both internal and external), serving as a liaison for the youth with community and government agencies when appropriate
- Meet with youth on a weekly basis to address any issues and ensure youth is progressing with in the program
- Document youth’s progress towards achievement of service plan goals through progress notes and regular reviews of the youth’s ISP. Ensure that all client documentation meets agency and funding standards and is entered into ETO in a timely manner.
- Conduct individual and family/group sessions as needed; in conjunction with Director of Residential Services, develop and facilitate support groups that address issues commonly shared by CHW youth
- Provide information regarding the progress of youth in Service Integration Meetings with CHW interdisciplinary team
- Respond to client crisis as needed
- Encourage and motivate youth to take control of their lives, by initiating and conducting group sessions and individual discussions, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties: There are no supervision duties assigned to this position.
Job Requirements and Skills Needed
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling. Masters strongly preferred
Experience: 3-5 years experience working with at-risk youth and in the delivery of direct services to youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of youth service providers in the Metropolitan Washington Area.
- Experience in facilitating group activities for young people.
- Specialized knowledge of crisis intervention techniques for working with homeless, runaway and at-risk youth, and case management.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques for creating rapport and building relationships with homeless, runaway and at-risk youth.
- Experience working and relating to community based organizations.
- Team oriented with good organizational skills.
- Sincere interest and knowledge of issues relating to homeless, runaway and t-risk youth.
- Computer literacy. Proficient in Windows. Knowledge of computer database systems helpful.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Variable concentration.
- Constant interruptions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Moderate traveling.
- Moderate sitting, standing and eye strain.
- Considerable walking.
- Ability to operate CHW vehicle
- Evening/weekend hours as needed. Incumbent should expect to work until 8:30 pm a minimum of one night per week
- On call responsibilities, as needed. Incumbent will carry a CHW cell phone and, as appropriate, needs to respond to client calls after normal business hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only resumes with corresponding cover letter will be considered. No phone calls please.