Details: Depends on Experience
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC
We are seeking an HR Administrative Assistant to support our growing organization. This position is responsible for assisting the internal HR team in the core areas of recruitment/onboarding, scheduling, reporting/metrics, and systems/technology maintenance. He/she must be responsive and supportive of staff at all levels to help them be more productive and successful in their jobs and be a positive and solutions-oriented role model.
This position is based in our headquarters located in San Francisco, CA.
- Post open positions on various sourcing outlets including diversity focused sources.
- Assist in fielding questions from hiring managers regarding benefits, recruitment and onboarding.
- Assist with onboarding and document management of HR forms for the cloud based Sapling system.
- Coordinate and manage background check process for finalists and review background checks to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Draft conditional job offer letters.
- Use Docusign to create job offers and conflicts check forms.
- Provide support to hiring managers and the HR department to updated job descriptions.
- Assist with sending promotion letters via DocuSign.
- Provide support for clerk recruitment activities and On Campus Events including mailings, interview/meeting/event scheduling, database entry & event tracking, etc.
- Send recruiting kits to offices across the U.S. for on-campus interviews.
- Serve as back up to the Recruiting Assistant and manage Earthjustice jobs email- responses to candidates as needed.
Personnel Files (30%)
- Document maintenance – collect, track, download, scan and upload HR related documents into ADP cloud. Partner with HR team member to review and audit documents for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate electronic personnel files including employment documentation, performance reviews and Personnel Change Notice forms.
- Assist in managing paper related forms and support transition to electronic forms for the ADP cloud.
HR General/Other (40%)
- Schedule and calendaring for HR events and trainings in coordination with Operations Department calendaring.
- Schedule meetings and video conferences.
- Coordinate team events and logistics including – securing space, catering, agendas and other details.
- Create and edit HR correspondence, documents, and Power Point presentations.
- Use ADP for employment verifications and basic staff demographic reporting.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with scheduling semi-annual New Staff Orientations and setting agenda.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as needed.
- Other duties to include but not limited to: updating workplace posters, filing, copying, faxing, data entry, ordering supplies and mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3+ years’ of experience in Administrative or Human Resources support capacity.
- Experience in non-profit Human Resource department is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience preferred.
- Experience using Outlook to schedule meetings is required.
- Experience an HR recruiting team or onboarding process desired.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information.
- Experience working with an HR system such as applicant tracking, electronic onboarding or HRIS. Experience using ADP is desired.
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivation and organizational skills a must.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite: Power Point, Excel, and Word as well as data base programs.
- Reporting and analytical skills and experience, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess flexibility to work as a team and also independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multi-task as needed.
- Sense of humor desired.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com