Overview of Organization
NJ LEEP is a college access and success program for low-income and first-generation students from the greater Newark area. NJ LEEP currently serves middle school students, high school students, college students, and family members. We help students perform at high academic levels by building skills through law-related and other educational programs, developing the habits necessary for college success and community leadership, and offering exposure to colleges, careers, and role models who have achieved professional success. NJ LEEP’s model is challenging and rigorous and prepares NJ LEEP program graduates for success in college. NJ LEEP strives to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We are committed to anti-racist principles and are actively engaged in the work of those principles, including staff trainings and creating space for dialogue around race and identity for both staff and students. For more information about our work, please go to www.njleep.org.
The salary range for this position starts at $130,000, and NJ LEEP offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees.
Title & Position Summary
Working directly with the senior leadership and Board of Trustees, the Managing Director of Development will develop and implement a fundraising and donor strategy that effectively moves existing and prospective individual and family donors, corporations, and foundations from identification to solicitation. This leader will be capable of cultivating and managing relationships with high value donors that lead to increased and consistent diverse revenue for the organization. They will be a strategic thinker and able to leverage internal and external resources to maximize fiscal and relationship building outcomes. The Managing Director is a member of the NJ LEEP Senior Leadership Team.
As an NJ LEEP employee, you will model commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. You will also play an active role in NJ LEEP’s anti-racism work to further the organization’s mission. NJ LEEP team members are expected to actively contribute to a positive staff dynamic.
• Oversee individual giving program to ensure annual fundraising goals are met and exceeded, including increasing the number of individuals, families, and family foundations who contribute $10,000 or more.
• Grow and scale NJ LEEP’s corporate partnership and sponsorship programs. This will include management of existing partnerships, leveraging current relationships into new ones, and developing a scalable program with a consistent experience and pricing structure for partners.
• Proactively identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals, families, corporations, and foundations for annual and multi-year support, volunteer programs, special projects, and event sponsorship including the annual gala event.
• Ensure information related to fundraising strategies and activities, as well as other appropriate information related to donors/potential donors, are entered into NJ LEEP’s Constituent Relationship Management system.
• Oversee budget development and monitoring for all development activities and produce internal and external reports regarding projected and achieved goals.
• Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better communicate the role of fundraising across NJ LEEP and ensure an integrated fundraising strategy.
• This role will be responsible for building, managing, and mentoring a team over time.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ten (10) years professional experience, with at least five (5) years of fundraising experience and three (3) years of people management experience
· Experience cultivating and closing four, five and six figure major gifts, developing donor strategies, and effectively cultivating and stewarding major donors.
· Experience developing and implementing strategy
· Strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills
· Ability and willingness to manage, directly and through direct reports, day-to-day operations of External Engagement department
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Experience scaling fundraising operations/teams
· Strong technology skills
· Computer and other office equipment
· Traditional Office Environment
Overview of Organization
NJ LEEP is a college access and success program for low-income and first-generation students from the greater Newark area. NJ LEEP currently serves middle school students, high school students, college students…
Interested applicants should complete an employment application online and follow directions in the application for submitting a resume and cover letter. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will receive a response.
NJ LEEP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply. NJ LEEP does not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or family status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants should complete an employment application online and follow directions in the application for submitting a resume and cover letter. Applicants are…