Details: Salary commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Parenting Journey, a nonprofit agency headquartered in Somerville, MA, offers powerful programs that help parents build safer, stronger families and partners with other social service agencies to train their staff to implement and scale our high-impact approach. Since its founding in 1982, Parenting Journey (formerly The Family Center), has provided direct services at our center’s “learning lab” to thousands of low-income and/or immigrant family members annually in Greater Boston. In addition, we have trained more than 2,000 human service professionals who have replicated Parenting Journey’s programs in more than 500 sites throughout New England and New York City, Florida, and Washington, DC to the benefit of more than 52,000 parents and their 130,000 children.
Reporting to the Clinical Director (CD), the Site Manager (SM) will support Parenting Journey’s annual goals, and work with new program approaches for Partner Organizations (PO)s to assess, strategize and implement PJ programs both onsite and across a variety of organizational settings. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and effective communication skills to execute a comprehensive plan to reach short and long-term goals. As a member of the Program Team, the role involves identifying key learnings related to evidence-based group work and trainings and collaborating with the team in developing new and/or enhanced support materials for Partner Organizations (PO)s who are running Parenting Journey programs within their perspective organizations. This also includes a mentor and consultation role within the Partner Organizations (PO)s.
This full-time position reports directly to the CD, and encompasses three primary accountabilities:
1. Responsible for working with Partners to assess, plan and implement PJ programming within diverse settings.
- Responsible for facilitating, co facilitating and/or supporting the execution of group work at partner agency sites.
- Responsible for facilitating and/or co facilitating training(s) at location determined by Parenting Journey as needed.
- In coordination with the MA Program Team, responsible for debriefing post training to further develop all PJ domains/curricula as needed.
- Collaborate, develop and implement in-service training for partner staff as it relates to demonstrated need (ie: professional development, specialty populations, PJ learnings, etc.)
- Responsible for actively inputting and maintaining data in Salesforce database to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating the group intake process including recommendations to the program team on revisions of the intake forms. Works with partner staff to train staff on the intake process to improve documentation and note taking skills and assuring appropriate assignment of families to PJ programming.
- Responsible for developing a supervision/mentor model for partner staff to support clinical and group work content as it relates to needs of the partner organizations.
- Responsible for execution of the evaluation plan and framework within the partner organizations.
- Take the lead role in training partner staff as necessary to successfully complete the program evaluation plan, outcomes and goals.
2. Support the day-to-day PJ programming in a consultative role when working in a partner organization.
- Work independently and employ communication, outreach, and solicitation tools that will increase effectiveness and efficiency of PJ programming within the partner organization.
- Manage, improve, and implement practices to accurately and comprehensively track and document all partnership information and activity into Salesforce or other tools/data bases as directed.
- Collaborate with other Parenting Journey colleagues
- Responsible for content delivery of all PJ curricula as related to groups and trainings.
- Join and plan team meetings with partner staff to help improve communication and cohesion.
- Support and plan program infrastructure and culture to help improve practices as it relates to PJ learnings.
- Meet with PJ program planning team to develop new ideas and approaches within diverse community settings.
- Enlist support from as well as be a resource to other PJ Staff in meeting the goals of assigned partner agencies.
3. Execute Parenting Journey facilitator trainings and direct service groups in support of positive outcomes, high-quality program delivery, maximum impact and community building.
- Responsible for following and performing established standards and duties related to facilitator training as outlined in the Training Manual.
- Lead direct service groups as needed per Parenting Journey guidelines.
Critical core competencies for successful performance in this role are:
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- High integrity, sound judgment, enthusiasm and optimism
- Ability to value diverse perspectives and treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, diversity and trust
- Creative problem solver with strong strategic and tactical sense.
- Ability to create and foster a healthy and positive work environment.
- Must be able to follow directions accurately and carry out or communicate effectively tasks to other co-workers as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Site Manager (SM) must be a creative problem solver with a strong strategic and tactical sense. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to:
- Create and foster a healthy and positive work environment
- Communicate effectively tasks to other co-workers as needed and follow directors accurately.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and consistently meet all deadlines.
- Work independently and be well organized and highly detailed.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or similar degree
- 3+ years working in a community-based program setting, non-profit sector.
- Bilingual preferred
- Group facilitation and training experience required
- Solid understanding of non-profit programs
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel within a community
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft office suite & Google docs required; additional experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven track record of achieving results and working independently
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Parenting Journey offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees including partial employer-paid health, dental, life insurance, sick time, vacation, and personal days.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Parenting Journey is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to Lydia Carbone at email@example.com by 4/27/18 For more information about Parenting Journey, please visit our website at www.parentingjourney.org.