275 Seventh Ave.
The Graphic Designer is an integral part of CancerCare's communications team, reporting directly to the Director of Communications, and working closely with the staff to develop and execute all graphic design projects. Additionally, the Graphic Designer develops and enforces the consistency of CancerCare’s brand identity throughout all print and online projects, including publications, marketing collateral, events promotion and the organization’s websites.
- Serve as primary graphic designer on all major design projects across the organization
- Manage the creative process for design projects, from concept through production and completion, including both print and online projects
- Determine timelines and manage deadlines for all design projects
- Monitor and enforce brand identity across the organization and in all marketing and design
- Manage vendor relationships, including printers, freelance designers and photographers
- Provide art direction to staff and freelancers to ensure quality control, and brand adherence and consistency
- Serve as primary in-house photographer
- Oversee the design and printing budget
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of job-related experience in graphic design, preferably for a non-profit, advertising, marketing or other related organization; brand management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign,, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash), Microsoft Office applications, and digital photography required
- Proficiency with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail- and team-oriented, and able to assume multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines
Excellent benefits and vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (use “GD” in subject line) or mail to Cancer Care, Inc., 275 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001, ATTN: Sarah Quinlan. Equal Employment Opportunity.