17 Battery Place
Community Access is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1,200 units of supportive housing in three boroughs, a new Adult Home Initiative, advocacy and Supported Education programs, a peer-driven Crisis Respite Center, and other initiatives.
Shift Type: Full Time(40 hour/ week )
Salary : $90,000.00
The Registered Nurse (RN) functions as a primary practitioner who assesses and monitors IMT participants' clinical health and response to treatment. The nursing approach of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation is used to assists individuals in their achievement of mental health, rehabilitation and recovery goals
- Commitment to person-centered treatment strategies, upholding participants' rights, and self-determination in service provision.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse by the New York State Education Department.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience working as an RN.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience working with persons with mental health condition in health or social services setting.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information and make judgments regarding care.
- Eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and programs, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Comfort providing treatment in non-traditional settings, including but not limited to the street, community spaces, and shelters.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Justice Center
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.www.communityaccess.org
Minimum Education Required