2233 University Avenue West
Purpose of position:
HECUA seeks to hire a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organized Enrollment Manager to promote our progressive and social justice-oriented off-campus study programs. The person in this position will lead strategic planning for recruitment and campus outreach, in addition to managing our recruitment and student services team. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Director of International Programs, the Director of U.S. Programs and Community Engagement, the Director of Development and Communications, and all Program Directors, with the goal of strengthening, sustaining, and expanding current recruitment efforts.
Five key areas of responsibility:
Leadership & Vision (25%)
- In partnership with Executive Director and Director of Development and Communications, develop and carry out organization-wide, short-term and long-term recruitment strategy based on data analysis, best practices, and higher ed trends.
- Use existing Salesforce CRM and other tools, to dig into available student data to better predict future enrollments and student interest trends.
- Develop and adhere to recruitment department annual budget.
- Improve/build better systems for organizing and documenting recruitment efforts across organization.
- Represent and lead recruitment in staff and board settings.
Institutional Relationships (25%)
- Manage campus relationships with learning abroad offices and academic departments, including the facilitation of credit approvals and deeper faculty and staff engagement with HECUA programs.
- Develop comprehensive plan and documentation for credit approvals for all HECUA member schools.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key campus departments.
- Increase enrollment and participation from member and non-member schools with a particular focus on students of color, first generation college students, and low income students.
- Serve as primary contact person for member and non-member campus contacts who have questions about HECUA programs.
- Participate in local and national meetings and conferences.
On-Campus Recruitment (25%)
- Manage student-facing contact for a portfolio of schools outside of Minnesota.
- Plan and execute on-campus recruitment of students for HECUA programs for a portfolio of ten schools within the HECUA consortium. This work includes but is not limited to: classroom visits; hosting HECUA faculty from abroad; developing relationships with faculty members and key allies on campus; attending study abroad fairs; and managing contact with all prospective students. This includes substantial seasonal travel during the months of September, October, February, and March.
Supervisory Responsibilities (25%)
- Manage recruitment and student services team.
- Supervise and support two Program Representatives and Student Services Associate.
- Map out recruitment strategy at the beginning of each academic year, with input from recruiting team, Executive Director, Director of Development & Communications, International and U.S. Directors, and HECUA faculty.
- Assist Program Reps during the peak recruitment periods of September, October, February, and March.
- Help manage University of Minnesota student advisors.
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications to better engage and support program alumni who have recently returned to campus, as it relates to recruitment efforts.
- Visit all HECUA programs regularly and stay abreast of changes in curriculum.
- Participate in new program development work as representative of recruitment department.
- Assist in the admissions review process.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of hands-on experience in learning abroad and recruitment.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Commitment to organizational equity and inclusion.
- Prior experience leading a sales team, setting/achieving sales and enrollment goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and phone skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders: students, parents, faculty, community partners, and professional staff.
- Understanding of higher education institutional hierarchies and appropriate channels of communication.
- Solid organizational skills, with fine attention to detail.
- Comfort with cloud-based CRM database.
- Ability to work a varied schedule outside of the typical 9-5 range. Significant seasonal travel within the United States required.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Familiarity with HECUA
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with Wordpress CMS
- Commitment to experiential and community-based learning and social justice issues.
Terms: This is a year-round, full-time position. The starting salary ranges from $45,000 to $55,000, depending on experience. HECUA offers competitive health benefits, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and a generous 403(b) retirement plan. The preferred start date for the position is flexible, but ideally mid to late-November.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Application deadline is 5pm CST Friday, September 28, 2018. Interested candidates should email a PDF cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Enrollment Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.