1490 El Camino Real
We are seeking to hire a Communications and Outreach Coordinator, a new position that will serve the entire agency. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing and organizing a comprehensive marketing plan for the entire agency to increase the agency’s visibility to the populations it seeks to serve, managing and improving the agency’s website, coordinating the agency’s social media platform, and working on broad-based outreach initiatives directed at specific communities or interest groups across all of our service areas. The Outreach Coordinator will also play a key role in performing the work called for in the agency’s new federally-funded Outreach and Education grant, a one year grant with the goal of educating the community about the use of criminal history in the tenant selection process. Other responsibilities may include designing agency-wide marketing materials, assisting with resource development, and helping the agency develop a distinctive and consistent “brand”. The position will be based in Santa Clara, but will require travel to our other offices from time to time, especially our Sacramento and Modesto offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Communications and Outreach Coordinator may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Updating, improving and managing the style and content of the agency’s website
· Coordinating and managing the agency’s social media platforms;
· Designing and producing professional agency-wide outreach materials, such as a tri-fold brochure presenting a synopsis of the agency’s services and an annual report highlighting the agency’s successes;
· Support the Fair Housing Program in organizing and overseeing the outreach and education work required by our 2017 federal FHIP Outreach and Education grant;
· Designing and implementing an effective and consistent branding for the agency;
· Making contact with community organizations, social service agencies, government officials, media representatives and other appropriate entities to schedule outreach events and introduce Project Sentinel and its services to them;
· Speak in the community to inform and educate groups and individuals about the agency’s services;
· Design materials and programs to promote the agency’s activities and interests, which may include some resource development work’
· Other duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only candidates that are referred for interviews will be contacted.
Project Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourages candidates from all races, national origins, ethnicities, genders, religions, ages, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is DOE, but will be in the range of $20 - $22 per hour.
Level of Language Proficiency
B.A. or B.S. strongly preferred;
Familiarity with website design or management, marketing, social media program development or management, graphic design, and/or resource development highly desirable;
Fluency in Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Tagalog, or other language common in Northern California highly desirable;
Ability to work with people of all races, ethnicities, genders, religions, education levels, income levels, life experiences and perspectives is essential.
Sense of humor and passion for housing justice in all forms
Strong writing ability
Effective public speaking skills
Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter by email to Sara Cottrell, email@example.com, referring to “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.