The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Senior Associate, Professional Learning and Leadership Development
Reporting to the VP of Professional Learning and Leadership Development, the Senior Associate will support the organization’s strategy and engagement related to employee learning and development. The Senior Associate will support the culture of learning by promoting our learning management system, coordinating access and facilitating participation for all staff.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
Resource Development and Promotion (35%):
- Maintain and update onboarding resource links and information
- Act as resource and support to individuals, departments, divisions and the organization
- Maintain library of resources on Box including relevant articles, resources, coaches and facilitators
- Keep contract processes current with facilitators, trainers, etc.
- Budget input and tracking throughout the year
Engagement in Training (35%):
- Send welcome communications to new staff
- Suggest learning opportunities and articles on Facebook for Work to other staff
- Provide support to UNICEF USA staff in suggesting courses, opportunities based on supervisor requests
- Facilitate remote participation for sessions to ensure a positive experience for all
- Network with all staff in all locations to provide “customer” support
- Track in-person seminar registration on a weekly basis and share with VP for supporting activities
- Manage VP’s and Learning Calendar including scheduling, categorizing, coordination
- Coordinate travel and process expenses for team
- Maintain Onboarding and Offboarding Staff in the Learning Management System using standard naming conventions
- Support logistics for trainings, teambuilders, and sessions for the organization, divisions, teams and departments
Other duties as assigned (5%):
- Support Organizational Initiatives such as retreats, meetings, Management Council activities, etc.
- Support episodic or unplanned training activities such as Toastmasters, etc.
- Help build relationships to support the culture of learning with a variety of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to four years’ experience in nonprofit administration, professional development or Human Resources
- Strong customer service approach to interactions with colleagues and partners
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including extreme discretion with confidential information
- Strong presentation and networking skills with a track record of building mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; must be skilled internet researcher
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekend and evening commitments
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required